Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
satoriKeymasterHey Matteo,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
The “gallery” post and project format does not have automatic slide advancement option envisaged in the theme, yet you can activate manually it by removing the “timer: false” line from the slider settings (“header-functions.php file, line 523 in the 3.2 theme version).
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Steve,
the blog posts page and the front page layouts can be created by setting the „Front Page Displays” values in the “Settings -> Reading” section of the admin panel. When you change the “Posts Page” drop-down value, that page will automatically receive the blog layout from the theme (thus you can create a new page with the default layout and declare it as a “shell” for the blog posts using the abovementioned settings). My apologies if this hasn’t been explained clearly enough in the manual, I will add corresponding information for the next version update. Thanks for bringing this up!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Massaki,
I can see from the code that you still have the original “responsive.css” on your website – could you please try using the one I’ve linked to in the previous post (unzip the archive and upload the contained file via ftp into the theme folder /wp-content/themes/Kanso/, replacing the existing file). Thanks!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Balazs,
I’ve tried disabling the script that truncates the text in portfolio items, which I suspect to be the most probably cause of the issue. Please check to see if the portfolio page is being displayed in Chrome on the Mac now. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Vonnagy,
I think I know where the source of the issue is: the “WP Media Gallery” tab in the “Background Slider/Image Source of Images” settings box refers to the native WordPress media gallery (i.e. the “Media” admin menu), not to a third-party plugin; this is mentioned on page 8 of the theme manual, yet I will make sure that it is explained in more detail in the next versions. When you choose the “WP Media Gallery” tab, the slider will source images from the image attachments of that particular page, i.e. every image you upload either via the “Add Media” link above the content editor, or as the featured image. Note that for the images to be included in the slider, you do not need to actually insert them into the page (i.e. pressing the “Insert into page” button) – simply uploading them from that page is enough; also, for the images to be displayed in the slider, they need to be attached to the page, i.e. uploaded from that page (that means that if you choose an existing image form the Media Library tab while in the image upload pop-up, it will not appear in the slider for that page).
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Steve,
please try removing the line breaks between all the closing “[/column]” and the opening “[column]” tags – here is the full code from the theme demo. The LIST shortcode does not support center-aligning the text – you will need to use other methods of creating lists (for example icon fonts) or a third-party plugin to achieve that.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Michael, Neonbrand,
I will reply to each of the cases separately. Michael’s first:
1). The URL you’ve provided looks like this at the moment: screenshot; thus I assume that the masonry portfolio issue has been resolved.
2). The images on the icon menu and the logo: when uploading an image in the Theme Options panel, in case the „File URL” field displays an attachment URL (ending with „?attachment_id=xx”) or an empty field, press the „File URL” button below the url field so that the link is a direct url of the image file (ends with the filename of the uploaded file).
3). To display a menu in the header, please create one and assign it to the “Main Menu” location in the “Theme locations” option under the “Menu settings” section, which can be found under the menu items in the “Appearance -> Menus” admin section.
4). In order to display the “Appearance -> Customize” view properly under the 3.8+ new WP interface, please update the theme to the latest version (3.2), available from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account.
5). Regarding the last issue (“Trying to insert Pictures from the Media Library is impossible: mouse changes to move indicator, selection impossible”) – I am not sure I understood the problem. Could you please provide a more detailed explanation, and access to the website’s back-end (so that I could troubleshoot at the source) – you can send the login data to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed).
***
Neonbrand, the masonry gaps are a known issue, and have been addressed in version 3.1; please update the theme to the latest version (3.2), which is available from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account. Let me know if the masonry layout improves after the update!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Michael, Neonbrand,
this is just to inform that it will take some more time to investigate the issue, I will provide a detailed reply until the end of the week. Thank you for your patience!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Vonnagy,
have you tried adding captions to the uploaded images when using the “WP Media Gallery” as the source of images? You can also add captions post-facto by going to the “Media -> Library” admin menu, clicking on the needed image, and filling in the “caption” field – this is exactly how the theme demo front page does it. Please let me know if this still doesn’t work!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Stevo,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
I’ve replied to your email yesterday, yet I will duplicate the message here as well so that the forum users can also benefit from the information:
Hey Stevo,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
The vertical tabs you’ve mentioned are created using the same [TABS] shortcode, with “style” attribute set to “3” (i.e. “style=3”). I’ve attached the full shortcode from the demo here – it will create exactly identical tabs on a page where you paste it.
Regarding your question about the blog layout in Tokyo – it has a sidebar by design, and there is no back-end option as of now to remove it. However, this can be achieved relatively easily with some custom CSS:
.blog #content { width: 100%; }
.blog #sidebar { display: none; }
.blog #content .featured-thumbnail { width: 100%; }
.blog #content .featured-thumbnail img { width: 100% !important; max-width: 100% !important; }You can insert the above code at the end of the theme’s “style.css” file (should open by default when you visit “Appearance -> Editor” admin menu) or into the child theme’s stylesheet, in case you are using a child theme (which I would recommend doing).
Just in case, I should probably mention that there is a manual included with the theme, the file is called “Tokyo_Manual.pdf” and is found inside the “Tokyo_WP_Theme_Package” directory which is inside the main downloadable archive (Tokyo_WP_Theme_Package.zip). There is e.g. a list of all shortcodes with respective options in Appendix 2 of the manual.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio -
AuthorPosts