Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Missing Page Layouts

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support Missing Page Layouts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stevo
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I seem to be missing Page Layouts from the menu. I see in the manual that I should have a “Front page” and “Blog posts page” but those are missing from the pages menu under “page attributes” – “templates”. I only see the “Page Full Width”, “Page left sidebar”, “Page right sidebar” and the “Portfolio columns” templates. I’ll need to setup a Blog style posts page and am unable to do this without the template.

Thanks again,
    Steve

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

the blog posts page and the front page layouts can be created by setting the „Front Page Displays” values in the “Settings -> Reading” section of the admin panel. When you change the “Posts Page” drop-down value, that page will automatically receive the blog layout from the theme (thus you can create a new page with the default layout and declare it as a “shell” for the blog posts using the abovementioned settings). My apologies if this hasn’t been explained clearly enough in the manual, I will add corresponding information for the next version update. Thanks for bringing this up!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

stevo
    Participant

Thanks Andrii, I see how the theme works with Blog posts now. Though I am running into an issue, but think i found a solution. When you select a Posts Page under the Settings-Readings section, and then go to setup a widget on that page, I had to change the widget to “Hide” instead of “Show” if Page is “your page” to get it to display. In addition, it populates to other pages. Shouldn’t the widget only show if you select “Show” if Page is “your page”?

Thanks for the support!
    Steve

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Stevo,

I am not sure I understood the situation – could you please clarify what you mean by “setup a widget on that page” – is it the custom sidebar drop-down in the page editor mode, or are you talking about the “Appearance -> Widgets” admin section? Also, please clarify where exactly do you choose “show” or “hide” with respect to the widget. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.