Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
satoriKeymasterHey J,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
I’ve been testing the modified template file for portfolio pages which should display ordinary posts instead or projects, and it is not behaving well enough. It still needs some work on it, since it hasn’t been envisaged in the theme originally (I’ve separated the posts and the projects and their respective collective view pages templates on purpose – to enhance the usability of the theme); in the meanwhile, I can recommend using the Post Type Converter plugin which was created specifically for such situations – to convert the posts into projects. Thank you for your patience!
P.S. in case you are familiar with php, I can provide information as to where the main portfolio grid query is located, you might be able to find something that I’ve missed so far.
Best,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Simon and J,
I’ve been testing the modified template file for portfolio pages which should display ordinary posts instead or projects, and it is not behaving well enough. It still needs some work on it, since it hasn’t been envisaged in the theme originally; in the meanwhile, I can recommend using the Post Type Converter plugin which was created specifically for such situations – to convert the posts into projects. Thank you for your patience!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterGlad to hear!
I’ll include the feature into the next theme update, thanks for bringing this up.Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Elliott,
sure, it’s a matter of rearranging in the “taxonomy-tagportfolio.php” file: please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained custom file into the theme folder, replacing the existing file.
Please let me know if it works as you intended.
Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Simon,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
By design Ikebana has two segregated post types, of which the classic posts are displayed on the blog page, and the projects are displayed on the page with “Portfolio” template. They both, however, use the same set of php files to display the content, which is why in principle the’re quite interchangeable, given some php customizations. Could you please tell me what is the purpose of displaying the posts on portfolio grid, and do you wish to display only posts (for example, after importing content from another blog) or both posts and projects on portfolio pages? I will prepare a custom template file for you once I have more background information.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Imtaimur,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
By design, Origami has fixed width, which also pertains to the content and the sidebar. Since the widths are specified in fixed units for several page elements in several places, it would take some new CSS code in order to change the width of the sidebar and the content area, while preserving the relative sizes of all other elements (e.g. the menu, the images, etc). All the CSS that needs overwriting is contained in the “style.css” and “lessframework.css” files in the theme folder (wp-content/themes/Origami/).
Despite the fact that this is considered a theme customization and is thus not covered by the standard ThemeForest support offer, I thought I’d provide the code anyway:
#sidebar { width: 350px; }
#content { width: 700px; }
.single-post #content .featured-thumbnail img, .page #content img, .blog #content .featured-thumbnail img, .single-post #content a img, .tag #content .featured-thumbnail img, .category #content .featured-thumbnail img { max-width: 700px; }
#nav-secondary { width: 340px; }
.container { width: 1050px; }
#top-left { width: 670px; }
.post-meta { margin-left: 701px; }
You can paste this code into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel for the new rules to take effect (do not forget to hit the “Save All Changes” button ;) In case there’s something I’ve forgotten in the code and some parts of the website become displaced, please let me know, I will correct that.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Dan,
glad it works! I’ll include this feature into the next version update of the theme, thanks for bringing this up.
You can use the built-in [column] shortcode to divide the content into several horizontal sections; please see Appendix 2 of the theme manual for more information on the shortcode.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Dan,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
The section above portfolio items is not envisaged in Ikebana per se, i.e. it cannot be done via the admin back-end so far. However, I thought that it would be a nice thing to have as a feature, so I’ve modified the theme files to make it possible. Please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana), replacing the existing ones. After that refresh your website, and add some content to the main text area while in the editor mode for the portfolio page in question; the content will show up just above the portfolio project grid.
Please let me know if this is what you needed.
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Rob,
as I’ve mentioned in your second post, I’ll need admin access to troubleshoot this one as well. Please see the second thread, thanks!
Best,
Andrii / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterDear Rob,
this issue hasn’t been reported before, which is why I will need to troubleshoot myself to find the cause of the problem. Could you please send me your WordPress admin access credentials to support@satoristudio.net, along with the website’s URL and the particular Theme Options settings that you weren’t successful in changing. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Andrii / Satori Studio -
AuthorPosts