Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Posts *and* Portfolio Items in Grid

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Posts *and* Portfolio Items in Grid

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jimwildmandc
    Participant

Hello — I, too, would like to display both (recent) blog post boxes AND portfolio item boxes in the opening grid design. Can you help me with that? Many, many thanks for your help — and the beautiful theme design. J

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey J,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I’ve been testing the modified template file for portfolio pages which should display ordinary posts instead or projects, and it is not behaving well enough. It still needs some work on it, since it hasn’t been envisaged in the theme originally (I’ve separated the posts and the projects and their respective collective view pages templates on purpose – to enhance the usability of the theme); in the meanwhile, I can recommend using the Post Type Converter plugin which was created specifically for such situations – to convert the posts into projects. Thank you for your patience!

P.S. in case you are familiar with php, I can provide information as to where the main portfolio grid query is located, you might be able to find something that I’ve missed so far.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

jimwildmandc
    Participant

Andrii — many thanks for your response, your suggestion, and your elegant work with the theme.

Please let us know when you’ve worked out the kinks on the modified template.

I’ll use that converter until then.

All the best.

J

raulfuzz

Sorry to hijack this, but i thought it would be better to bump this than to start a new thread.

I just recently bought the Ikebana theme and i´m loving it. Anyway, i should not have checked the demo well enough, because i thought i could display blog posts on the front page using the masonry layout. My bad!

I´ve already guessed a walkaround, using Portfolio projects as posts. It´s nice that SEO can be applied to projects, although i miss a “category” column on the project list in the backend. But being able to combine in the same grid blogs and projects would be awesome. Or, at least, being able to apply the portfolio grid to blog entries.

Is it possible yet? Is there a chance it can be done?

Thanks! And congrats on a great theme!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.