satori

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 991 through 1,000 (of 1,556 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Masonry layout doesn't work #2063
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey Csaba,

    I will use the same order for the answers as before:

    1). Please excuse me, yet I’m still not sure I understood what exactly you are trying to achieve. Do you want the thumbnails (i.e. featured images to display below the titles for single portfolio projects?

    2). The template function you need is “get_the_terms”; you can read more about it on the official WordPress website here.

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Posts instead of custom post types in portfolio #2062
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Great!

    I will probably include this possibility into the next version update of the theme as well, thank you for raising this issue!

    Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Posts instead of custom post types in portfolio #2059
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey Simon, J,

    after some more searching I’ve finally found a custom solution for you. Please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/), replacing the existing files. After you refresh the website, the portfolio page template should display native WordPress posts instead of portfolio projects.

    Please let me know if it works as intended!

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Using Masonry Grid (portfolio) as blog #2057
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Ah, disregard my last question, you were talking about the second topic in this forum :)

    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Masonry layout doesn't work #2056
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey Csaba,

    regarding the first question: I am not sure I understood. Could you please clarify what is the end result you wish to achieve? Is it to have the project title displayed above the featured image?

    Concerning the second question: if you want to display taxonomy labels instead of the project type icons, you’ll need to edit the “overlay-post” element in the “content.php” file (line 60) and all derivative “content-xx.php” files for various project types.

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Using Masonry Grid (portfolio) as blog #2055
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey David,

    a .htaccess redirect is a possible solution, yet it is relatively inflexible since you’d have to modify the root file every time you add a new redirect. A simpler back-end solution would be to use the “link” project format, as I mentioned above; let me explain: in Ikebana, there are several possible formats any post or a project can have: “standard”, “image”, “video”, “quote”, “link”, etc. Each of them is pre-styled and optimized for a specific type of content, as follows from their names (you can read more about the post formats in WordPress on their official website here). You can set the format for the particular project from the “Format” settings box while in the editor mode for that project. Now, if a portfolio project has a “link” format, it becomes simply a link to another URL, which I suppose is exactly what you need; “link” format projects can also have thumbnails, so all you need to do is to change the format on existing projects from “standard” to “link” and instead of the content input the URL of the category (e.g. http://thedickers.co.uk/balimonster/category/family-2/carolyn/). You can read more about the post formats on pages 8-9 of the theme manual.

    Regarding the dropdown menu issue you’ve mentioned: could you please clarify?

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: CSS for dropdown menu #2039
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey David,

    the submenus are styled by the code in the “Top Menus” section (line 278 and below) of the “style.css” file (located in the theme’s root folder); the styling is primarily executed via the “#nav-primary ul ul” declaration. In case you have some specific things you’d like to change about the submenus, you can give me more detailed information (and a URL of the page in question would also be useful), and I will help you with the code or at least try to provide a direction.

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Using Masonry Grid (portfolio) as blog #2038
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey David,

    first of all, thank you for the purchase!

    Let me clarify if I got your question right: you’d like to create several categories and display links to category archives on the portfolio grid. If that is indeed the case, you can use the “link” project type to achieve this. This format supports thumbnails, so you can add images to the boxes; each can link to a specific category page (in the case of theme demo, e.g. https://satoristudio.net/ikebana/category/tutorials/). You can read more about the “link” project format on page 9 of the theme manual. Please let me know if this is going in the right direction!

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Layout question #2037
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey Dan,

    regarding your first question: you can simply leave the main content area blank while in the page editor mode for the pages where you’d like the original template to show – without any text in the content area, the template will only show the grid. Or am I missing the point here?

    You’re right, that is not supposed to happen, yet I can see that the screenshot does not correspond to the website link you provided above (http://www.codecape.com/new_site). Have you altered the template in any way and is it still topical? I’ve tested the modified portfolio page on the theme demo, and it seems to be working fine with respect to the page margins.

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

    in reply to: Masonry layout doesn't work #2036
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

    Hey Csaba,

    regarding your questions:

    1). I’m note sure I understood exactly what you would like to achieve (the individual project template already displays the project title); could you please explain further? In any case, if you want to customize the appearance of the individual project page, the template file to modify is the “single-project.php” file.

    3). The project type icons do show up on portfolio tag pages, e.g. here in the demo. Could you please clarify?

    Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 991 through 1,000 (of 1,556 total)