Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Masonry layout doesn't work

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Masonry layout doesn't work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nagytalp
    Participant

Please check my site: http://www.irodalmibableves.hu

This is some imported posts from another wp installtion.

What I did wrong?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Nagytalp,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

In Ikebana, default WordPress-style blog posts and portfolio projects are different types of content. You’ve imported blog posts, are they are styled in a more blog-like classical layout (as in the theme demo here). In order to display the items are portfolio projects in a masonry layout, you would need to manually create the new projects (“Portfolio -> Add New” admin menu) and fill in the information from your existing posts. A more efficient solution, though, would be to use a third-party specialized plugin, e.g. this one.

You can read more about creating a masonry portfolio in Ikebana on pages 4-6 of the theme manual.

Should you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hello Andrii,

thank you for the answer and for the tip. I made some experiments based on the theme documentation and my life turns great.
    Except the following few things (also I need Your help again):
    -What I need to modify in the css or in the theme options to make always visible the excerpt on the featured image on the all portfolio site? (Now the excerpt are visible on the hover only)
    -The main portfolio page don’t have sidebar
    -I need some extra widget areas like a “before content) (I think it’s easy)
    -I have some problems with the pictures. Because the landscape pics are looks good in a 300px or a 600px box but the portrait pictures are cropped. That’s a bit problem if You write an article about an hairstylist and the picture are cutted from the neck to up!

Best regards, Csaba.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey, Csaba,

glad to hear you’ve sorted out the portfolio page issue.

I will go over your latest questions in the same order:

1). To make the excerpts visible at all times, please try the “Portfolio item captions” drop-down on the “Portfolio Page” tab of the Theme Options panel.

2). The “Portfolio” template does not have a sidebar by design; it should be possible to add a sidebar from inside the “page_portfolio.php” template file, yet one will need to make additional adjustments to the Isotope masonry system in order to display the box grid correctly, and to the content width algorithm, both found in the “header-functions.php” file.

3). If is relatively easy to add a new widget area if you are familiar with php and basic WordPress principles; please see this thread for detailed information.

4). In order to preserve visual identity, all portfolio item boxes are designed to be square in Ikebana. One easy solution to the situation you’ve described is to pre-edit the portrait photos to make them closer to square dimensions (i.e. simple crop in Phtoshop or any other software of your choice).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hi Andrii!

First of all: Thank You for everything!

I really like your work and thank you for the clean coding. The theme works perfectly with the masonry layout on every screens. I tested on lot of different resolutions and on tablet too.

Only few questions left from my side:

1). We works with featured images in every article which is shown up in every single projects. But I wanna showing the excerpt or the title under the featured images in the articles. But the get_the_excerpt or the get_the_title commands ha no effects in the page*.php files.

2). I have a dot before the widgetized areas what I made on the home page, but I can’t figure out what I need to change in style.css file to clear it.

3). The “Display project type icons in portfolio” is great. What do You think, possible to making some modifications to change the project type icons to the project tags? We use the project tags as categories.

So I need Your help (again). :)

Nagytalp
    Participant

2nd problem solved!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Csaba,

regarding your questions:

1). I’m note sure I understood exactly what you would like to achieve (the individual project template already displays the project title); could you please explain further? In any case, if you want to customize the appearance of the individual project page, the template file to modify is the “single-project.php” file.

3). The project type icons do show up on portfolio tag pages, e.g. here in the demo. Could you please clarify?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hello Andrii,

1., If I use an featured image for an article than the project title not displayed before the article’s header. Except if don’t use the featured image option.

I have added the following to the “single-project.php”:

The result is an duplicated featured image.

If I use this code:

It works, but I wanna use the title!

2., Basic idea is to change project tipe icons to labels with the text of the project tags (which is a category in my case)

Best wishes, Csaba.

Nagytalp
    Participant

Ooops, this codes are forbidden in the comments.

So, the “get_the_title” duplicates the featured image.
    The “get_the_excerpt” works well.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Csaba,

regarding the first question: I am not sure I understood. Could you please clarify what is the end result you wish to achieve? Is it to have the project title displayed above the featured image?

Concerning the second question: if you want to display taxonomy labels instead of the project type icons, you’ll need to edit the “overlay-post” element in the “content.php” file (line 60) and all derivative “content-xx.php” files for various project types.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.