Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Posts instead of custom post types in portfolio

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Posts instead of custom post types in portfolio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sipe
    Participant

Hi
    I wonder if it possible to use posts instead of custom post types (project) in the portfolio grid?
    Thanks in advance

/Simon

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Simon,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

By design Ikebana has two segregated post types, of which the classic posts are displayed on the blog page, and the projects are displayed on the page with “Portfolio” template. They both, however, use the same set of php files to display the content, which is why in principle the’re quite interchangeable, given some php customizations. Could you please tell me what is the purpose of displaying the posts on portfolio grid, and do you wish to display only posts (for example, after importing content from another blog) or both posts and projects on portfolio pages? I will prepare a custom template file for you once I have more background information.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sipe
    Participant

Thank you for quick response

The main reasons are that we have to import a lot of posts from the current blog and make it easy for the users to create blog post. We want to show all blog posts in the portfolio grid (we are not going to use the project). I also want to use advanced custom fields, disqus and other plugins on the post. In another page we want to order by posts by categories on another page and use plugins to get most popular posts.

I custom template would be great. Thank you. Do you need more information?

Simon

jimwildmandc
    Participant

Andrii and sipe:

I’m hoping to work the same kind of mix of portfolio items and blog posts in to the portfolio masonry grid.

Did you guys work out a solution?

Many thanks.

J

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Simon and J,

I’ve been testing the modified template file for portfolio pages which should display ordinary posts instead or projects, and it is not behaving well enough. It still needs some work on it, since it hasn’t been envisaged in the theme originally; in the meanwhile, I can recommend using the Post Type Converter plugin which was created specifically for such situations – to convert the posts into projects. Thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sipe
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    Do you think it will be possible to solve this one or do i have to use projects
    Thank you

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Simon, J,

after some more searching I’ve finally found a custom solution for you. Please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/), replacing the existing files. After you refresh the website, the portfolio page template should display native WordPress posts instead of portfolio projects.

Please let me know if it works as intended!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sipe
    Participant

Thank you. It seams to work good. Great support

Thanks again
    Simon

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Great!

I will probably include this possibility into the next version update of the theme as well, thank you for raising this issue!

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sipe
    Participant

Hey Andrii

I saw you updated the Ikebana theme, is the “post instead of projects”-function included in this new version? Can I upgrade? I havent started to customize it yet (starting today).

If this isnt included is the fix you gave me still working?

Thanks in advance
    Regards Simon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.