Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Logo Retina/Color font Items/RSS projects

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Logo Retina/Color font Items/RSS projects

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RafaSalem
    Participant

Hey Andrii, let’s go with the last tweaks and maybe a bug report.

1.Option “retina” for the logo is not working. I tried to upload double sized my logo, normal sized with higher pixel density, and also using @2x at the filename, but the logo in retina screens doesn’t show the proper one, just shows the normal one. Even uploading the normal one at 250ppp still looking blurry on retina.

2.This is a very important one to me, it has been breaking my balls a couple days, hehe: The font color for the body text and the text inside the project boxes at the portfolio page is the same and there’s no option to choose a different one for each. I need to use black for the body, and white or a different one, white preferably, for the boxes. Btw, now if I choose black for the body text, the text at the boxes totally disappears, just reporting.

3.Any chance to make the projects generate RSS feed the same way as the standard posts? I tried with some snippets found on internet but doesn’t seems to work and the projects still not generating feeds and that’s a handicap for blogging.

After these tweaks my site is ready to fly.

And just as a suggestion for future updates, some more specific options for small screens(smartphones) would be excellent!

Thanks for your help!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Rafa,

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). Kanso uses retina.js for high-resolution image rendering, and the specifics of this script, as mentioned in the theme manual, is that both low-res and high-res images should be in the same folder; please check in the Theme Options panel that your low-res logo is in the same directory as the high-res one, and check from the actual filepath URL that both files are named appropriately and that WP uploader hasn’t added any auxiliary numbers at the end. For convenience, you can also simply upload both logo images into a separate folder and insert their URLs manually into the respective fields in the Theme Options panel, without uploading the images from the Panel.

2). Could you please clarify what you meant by “text inside the project boxes at the portfolio page” – is it the captions text or something else? Thanks!

3). Please try inserting this code into the theme’s “functions.php” file:

function kanso_sd_feed_request($vars) {
    if ( isset($vars['feed']) && !isset($vars['post_type']) ) {
    $vars['post_type'] = array('post', 'project');
    }
    return $vars;
    }
    add_filter('request', 'kanso_sd_feed_request');

Regarding the smaller screen options – do you have something specific in mind as well, which you could propose?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

aderli
    Participant

Dear Andril,

If I add the code on item 3 above, could I see “recent PROJECT” ?
    Just like the blog page shows the recent posts.

I am looking for 3rd party plugin to solve this case.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio-post-type/

Regards,
    Chihte

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Chihte,

could you please clarify what you mean by seeing “recent project”? Please note that the code above only affect the RSS feeds of the theme.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RafaSalem
    Participant

Hey Satori.

1. Understood!
    2. Correct, I meant the captions text. Sorry for the messy question :)
    3. Ok, I inserted the code at the beginning of functions php, now is generating feeds, but when i push on RSS icon at the footer to subscribe, at the subscription page instead of showing an excerpt or just titles, it’s showing the full posts, all of them, in the same inverse order they were published, and with all images in original size. Even with all used links. After subscribing, the feed reader shows properly a list with post titles and all direct links to them are ok.

In small screens, basically about the icon menu. If ” icon menu in tiles on mobile screens” option is unchecked (shows icons and labels), these icons and labels appears extremely big, actually double sized compared to how it shows in my 13″ laptop (and a bit blurry) and makes the user to scroll quite a lot till reaching the content. But i’m now thinking this issue could be related with that snippet added to “add custom css” that you gave me to fix the icons at the icon menu (“Retina ready on Icon menu” topic at the forum), i’m not sure, but i think these icons weren’t that big before to adding that snippet, I’ve been more focused on laptop and tablet screens. One more thing about how it looks in my 4″ screen, the color selected for the header is not appearing, just the background color, but this is a minor detail actually. I can imagine now, how complex is to code a responsive theme like Ikebana ;)
    Thank you for your time.

-To Aderli: I’m using: http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-recent-posts-widget/
    Take a look at my site to be sure if it’s what you need. http://www.vidahack.com

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Rafa,

I will cover the open issues here:

2). you can fine-tune the color of the portfolio caption text by inserting a line of CSS code into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel:
    .image-post-overlay-in { color: #cccccc; }
    you can replace the #cccccc with any other hex color code you need ;)

– the large menu icons on mobile screens can be reduced in size by this piece of CSS:
    #icons-mobile .mobile-icons-title img { width: 50%; height: 50%; }

– please use this code for the header section background color on small screens:
    #main #header #header-box { background-color: #000000 !important; }

Please let me know if something hasn’t been covered ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RafaSalem
    Participant

Everything worked perfectly. Amazing, thanks!

The only issue remaining is about the feed, as I told you It shows full posts, images full size, etc… In Firefox, but with Chrome for example just a document tree and this message “This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it”.

Any easy way to minimally style how it’s shown? Title and excerpt would be perfect.
    Thank you!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Rafa,

this is not a theme issue :) Chrome is notoriously clumsy at handling RSS feeds (probably because Google thinks it is a declining technology, after itself discontinuing the Google Reader service) – see e.g. this Google forum post. You can, however, download any of the available Chrome extensions mentioned in the thread, e.g. this one, to allow viewing Firefox-style feeds in Chrome.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RafaSalem
    Participant

Thank you, sometimes is not easy for a newbie to make out where from is an issue coming :)
    This has been my first blog project and I really enjoyed developing it, and really appreciate all your help.
    I will have in mind Satori studios for future projects for sure.
    Have a great day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.