Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

meta info link cannot use. (Tag slug/Author)

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support meta info link cannot use. (Tag slug/Author)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aderli
    Participant

“Display meta information on portfolio item pages” -> Yes

Please look my “project”.
    http://viathai.info/project/%E4%B8%89%E8%B2%BC/

There are 4 meta items: Post Date, Author, Tag and comment.
    When I click Post date and Tag. It shows 404 page.
    When remove tag slug. The tag button works.
    Could I use slug for tag? I have no idea about 404 on post date.

And then the Author page shows “no result”.

Please kindly check it.

Many thanks,
    Chihte

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Chihte,

I cannot locate the post meta on the page you’ve linked to – could you please provide your WordPress admin access (login and password) by sending them to support@satoristudio.net; this will ensure that I’ll be able to troubleshoot and see the code as well as the back-end. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

aderli
    Participant

Hi Andril,

Please check your email :)

Chihte

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Chihte,

you’re right – custom post types do not automatically get their date archive links in WordPress (which, from my point of view, is rather strange). After much searching I’ve managed to find a work-around for that one, and update your theme files. Now the date link on project meta tags should work as intended. Also corrected the icons in the meta tags.

Thank you for reporting this, I will update the theme as well!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

aderli
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I am glad to help you and make your Ikebana perfect.
    I will wait for your new update.

Regards,
    Chihte

bren
    Participant

Could you post the fix for this here? I, too, would like the meta info on projects to work. It seems that the tags only work if they’re a single word. Tags that are multiple words long produce a 404 error.

Thank you.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bren,

here you go ;) The fix is also contained in the latest Ikebana version available from ThemeForest (ver. 2.2). Please unzip the archive and upload the resulting file into the root theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/), replacing the existing file.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

bren
    Participant

Hi, Andrii, thank you. I do have 2.2, so this archive isn’t changing anything for me. But it’s still not working.

Example:
    One of my portfolio tags is Disc Golf. If I go to the portfolio tags page in the WP admin, and click on ‘view’, it takes me to http://vernontrails/tag-portfolio/disc-golf/ (which works).

If I click on the Disc Golf meta tag on an single project page, it takes me to http://vernontrails/tag-portfolio/disc%20golf because of the space in the tag. And this is a 404 error page.

Is the only way around it to use slugs for tags?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bren,

you’re right, that wasn’t sufficient. I’ve rewritten the code that display the tag URL once more, please update your theme file with this one and let me know if it corrects the bug.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

bren
    Participant

Works great! Thank you so much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.