Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Font Awesome not working

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Font Awesome not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    32Degrees
    Participant

Just started using the theme and can’t get Font Awesome to work in posts/pages or widgets. I’ve used the code snippet for the icon as per Font Awesome’s instructions ( fa-map-marker ) but it doesn’t appear to be working.

32Degrees
    Participant

Ok… found it… had to change the class to “icon-map-marker” instead of “fa fa-map-marker” as indicated on the Font Awesome website

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey 32Degrees,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

You’re right, I need to update the Font Awesome scripts to the latest version, they’ve changed the classes in 4.0 for some reason; I will include the new version in the next theme update (3.2), meanwhile, you can download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the following folder inside your WP install in order to activate Font Awesome 4.1:
    /wp-content/themes/Ikebana/includes/font-awesome/css/

Please let me know if you have issues with updating the script!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

32Degrees
    Participant

Hi Andril,
    I downloaded and installed but it didn’t work… I trialled changing one of the icons using the Font Awesome code however the icon did not show, only the default Unicode character was displayed.

Using the script also caused the social icons in the header not to show.

32Degrees
    Participant

I’m also having problems with the Google font Open Sans displaying the 300 weight… when logged in the font is displayed correctly, logged out and it defaults to 400. Tested this in Firefox and Chrome on Mac.

Website

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey 32Degrees,

I’ve made some additions to the code in order to solve both the header icon issue and the Google Fonts issue – please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/) via ftp, replacing the existing files when prompted.

In order to use the latest version of Font Awesome after updating the FA scripts, you’ll need to use the new syntax required by the update, e.g.

You can obtain the proper icon code by clicking on the needed icon from the catalog on FA homepage.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

32Degrees
    Participant

Thanks for the effort Andrii… I can’t tell you how much it adds to a theme having a support forum that gets answered…

I tried using the files as suggested, unfortunately it broke the masonry portfolio style completely – only had header, icon menu and footer showing – and the social icons in the header had the default Unicode characters (before there was nothing at all).

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey 32Degrees,

it might be the case that some of the newer functions conflict with the 3.0 files, since I’ve only given you a part of the new version. I will send you the entire latest version of the theme to the email address you’ve used when registering on this forum – please follow the instructions in the email and let me know if it helps fix the problems.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

32Degrees
    Participant

Thank you Andrii – I’ve uploaded the files and so far so good :)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear!

Should you face any other issues or have questions about the theme, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.