Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

social icons & color of caption text

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support social icons & color of caption text

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

A couple more questions:
    – Is it possible to have the same social icons in the header as the ones in the footer widget? If so, how would I do that? [the ones in the footer widget are squares and all different colors]
    – I found in the CSS where I could change the font size for the portfolio tile captions but I can’t find where I could change the font color. Can you help?

Thanks!
    Leslye

leslyejoy
    Participant

Sorry for so many questions! Here is one more: How can I change the submenu (dropdown) text color? I need it to be different from my main menu text color.
    Thanks!
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). The social icons in the header are created using an external icon font (Font Awesome), which means they are fixed in appearance.

2). The text color of portfolio captions is the same as the body text, i.e. changed with the “Body text color” setting in the “Style: Content, Widgets” tab of the Theme Options panel. If you want to change it separately, you can use this line of custom css (add to the textarea in the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel):
    .image-post-overlay-in, { color: #555555; }
    changing the #555555 to the hex code of your preferred color.

3). You cannot change the color of the submenu text separately from the menu text (controlled by the “Menu text color” option in the “Style: Header” tab of the Theme Options panel); if you want finer control, you can use the following CSS:
    body #nav-primary ul ul li a { color: #555555 !important; }

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew. The #3 fix works great but the #2 does not. I pasted the following into the custom CSS box but nothing changes: .image-post-overlay-in, { color: #ffffff; } – is there something else I can try? p.s. I did try changing the body text color and when I do, the caption color changes too, so maybe the code you gave me is not correct or maybe I am putting it in the wrong place?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

sorry, I accidentally added an unnecessary comma there! The code should be:
    .image-post-overlay-in { color: #555555; }

Please let me know if this works!

Best,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Yes! Many thanks.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Anytime ;)

A. / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

A follow up to the question above about social icons. I would like to have the same icons in my footer as I do in the header. It seems like that could be possible using Font Awesome icons. Can you tell me how to do it? I am thinking I could create the layout by setting up a page and then copying the code into a text widget placed in the footer. But I don’t understand how to insert the icons. I assume since your theme already uses Font Awesome, I would not have to start from scratch setting it up for my site. Is that true?

Thanks for any assistance,
    Leslye

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew. Please ignore the above question. I have sorted it out.
    Sorry for the fire drill!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you’ve resolved the issue! I suppose you’ve used the “Social Media” plugin that is pre-packaged with the theme to insert social icons into the footer?

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.