Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Show extract in blog page not the entire post

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Show extract in blog page not the entire post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I don’t know what I’m missing, sure is a simple thing buth i can’t figure it out… How can i configure the blog page to show a “Read more” instead of the entire blog?

http://carlosmoret.com

Thank you!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Toni,

first of all, thank you for using Ikebana!

This is a WP core feature and is thus theme-independent (i.e. works the same way with Ikebana as with any other theme). You can create post extracts to be shown on the blog page (this will enable the “read more” link, clicking on which the user will be able to read the entire post) by inserting “more” tags into post contents in the place where you want the excerpt to end. In WordPress, you need to insert a special tag into the post content to tell the blog page to display only the content above the tag. In the visual edit mode, use the “Inset more tag” button on the panel above the content; in the HTML mode, the button says “more”; or – you can simply write it by hand (see the links below on how it should look like). You can find additional information on using the “more” tag on the WordPress.org official website, here.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Uhff!!! hahaha As i said sure is a simple thing. Thank you for your help!!!

Best regards!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.