Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Few Questions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kenya Fever
    Participant

Hello,

Just purchased the theme, and I’m trying to work through a few little issues I’m having.

My site is here for now: http://www.sitetomorrow.com/home

1. I would like to change the size of the font on the home slider, and also change the position. I’d like the text to be bigger (much bigger) on big desktop screens like 27″ imacs, but resized to fit smaller screens. Is this possible?

2. Is it possible to add boxed links to the homeslider? Like “learn more” in a box?

3. Is it possible/easy to change the size of the fonts for the headings? Right now it’s a bit too big for what I want.

Thanks!!

KF

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey KF,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). The slider does re-size the text on smaller screens, as long as the “Responsive through all levels” checkbox is checked in the “Layer Links & Advanced Params” section of the slide layer editor (you can check that by re-sizing your website – on small screens the slider font does become smaller). The slider offers the possibility to control the font sizes on various screens via CSS declarations in the form of “Styles” – while editing a slide layer, click on the “Edit Style” button in the “Layer General Parameters” box; an overlay window will open with various font settings, as well as an “Advanced Editor” tab. In the latter you can add any CSS you wish to affect the particular style. To change the font sizes on various screens, you can use the @media declarations as is usually done in responsive website design.

2). You can insert a button by using the small “insert button” link above the “Text/Html” field in the “Layer General Parameters” while in the slide layer editor mode. I’ve updated the button styling in theme version 1.1, so recommend updating the theme in case you wish to have background-less buttons with a frame (as in the rest of the theme).

3). I’ve intentionally excluded the heading font size option from the Theme Options panel to preserve visual consistency. However, if you do wish to change the font size, you can add this CSS into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel:

.page-title h2 a, .page-heading h1 a, .single .post-header h1 a, #blog-header h1 a, .post-header h1 a { font-size: 40px; }

replacing the “40” with the size you need.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Kenya Fever
    Participant

I will go through these and let you know. Many, many thanks for your efforts.

KF

Kenya Fever
    Participant

Ok,

I’ve finally had a chance to go through these answers. Let me first thank you sincerely for taking the time to be so detailed.

1. I’ve done as you’ve said, except your answer moves into territory that is beyond my understanding. I’ve figured out how to make the text responsive, but when viewing the home slide from an iPhone 5, the text is bumped way down low on the slide. I’m not sure why this is, but is there any way to change that without media query knowledge? Check here from our iPhone: http://www.sitetomorrow.com/home. It’s not a disaster, but not ideal either. I’d like to fix that if at all possible.

2. I’ll update and get back to you.

3. Worked perfectly. Thanks!!

Happy new year!

KF

Kenya Fever
    Participant

Also, is there any way to hide the status/timer bar that animates across the screen upon loading? I think this is an indicator of the length the slide will be visible, but since I only have one slide, it’s unnecessary; I don’t think I need that.

Kenya Fever
    Participant

Hmmm.

I updated the theme, and now I’m trying to insert a button on my home slider, but the options don’t include a boxed background-less selection as you suggested.

Also, with that, how do I choose where that button will go once clicked? I want it to go to the next section down. Like, e.g. the button will say “Learn More” and go to the about section.

Many thanks again for your attention!

KF

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey KF,

– regarding the slider text positioning: in case you want the text to remain centered vertically, please make sure that the “Align & Position matrix under the “Layer General Parameters” is set to the middle area (see screenshot). You can also set offsets (both negative and positive) relative to the position you’ve chosen on the matrix.

– the slider buttons will have the boxed background-less look once you view the live slider on the website ;)

– to hide the timer line, please go to the “Appearance” section of the slider’s settings

– in order to set the button links, please open the “Layer Links & Advanced Params” section while in the layer editing mode; in your case you need to choose the “Scroll below slider” in the “Link to Slide” drop-down.

Just in case I’ll mention here that there is a demo slider (identical to the one used in the theme’s live demo), contained in the “Resources” folder of the main theme archive, which you can import as a new slider and look at its settings.

Let me know if something is still unclear!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skaalyk
    Participant

Is there a way to change the text found in the button of the demo slider, currently titled ‘Learn More’?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Kjael,

the button you mention is an image, you can find it in the “/Kanso/images/” folder (the file is called “down_button.png”. You can edit it in a graphic editor of your choice and insert into any place of a Revolution slider.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

nanhoo17
    Participant

Regarding changing the size of the headings, I agree. However I would specifically like to remove the underline. Is that possible?

Thank you for your time!

n

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.