Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

WPML – one page – menu

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support WPML – one page – menu

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    quentro
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to insert the WPML-dropdown in the navigation of the One-Page-Version instead of the social icons.

What I did:

I deleted the code (header.php – line 142 -164)

<?php
    $kanso_sd_header_social = '';
    if ( function_exists ( 'kanso_sd_get_option_tree' ) ) {
    $kanso_sd_headersocial = array ( "facebook", "twitter", "google-plus", "linkedin", "pinterest", "flickr", "rss", "youtube" );
    foreach ( $kanso_sd_headersocial as $kanso_sd_headersocialicon ) {
    $kanso_sd_headersocialcheck = "header_".str_replace("-","_",$kanso_sd_headersocialicon);
    if ( kanso_sd_get_option_tree ( 'header_social_target' ) == "Same tab/window" ) { $kanso_sd_target = "_self"; } else { $kanso_sd_target = "_blank"; }
    if ( is_string ( kanso_sd_get_option_tree ( $kanso_sd_headersocialcheck ) ) ) {
    $kanso_sd_header_social .= '‘;
    }
    }
    if ( is_string (kanso_sd_get_option_tree(‘header_custom_social_1_icon’))) {
    $kanso_sd_header_social .= ‘‘;
    }
    if ( is_string (kanso_sd_get_option_tree(‘header_custom_social_2_icon’))) {
    $kanso_sd_header_social .= ‘‘;
    }
    }
    if ( $kanso_sd_header_social != ” ) {
    echo ”.$kanso_sd_header_social.”;
    }

?>

then insert the following Code from the WPML plugin

php do_action(‘icl_language_selector’);

Looks good from far, but far from good.

Regards and thanks for any advice.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by quentro.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Quentro,

I can still see the social icons in the header of your website – have you removed the WPML code? Could I have a look at what it looks like when it’s there? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

quentro
    Participant

This is what it looks like without the header-functions.php in the child directory:
    http://cl.ly/image/0o2Y1T0x3s2t

this is what it looks like with the header-functions.php in the child directory:
    http://cl.ly/image/1G411B2F0z2U

and this is how it looks like without the plugin (the font):
    http://cl.ly/image/2r0E2f1M0e3H

Cheers

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Quentro,

the WPML plugin-rendered drop-down element that you are trying to introduce into the theme’s template file seems to be in order per se; the only problem as far as I can see from the screenshots is its positioning; this, in turn, is not a PHP or HTML issue, but a CSS styling aspect: as in most other WordPress themes (and most of modern websites in general, for that matter), the mutual positioning of elements is regulated by CSS rules, not so much HTML. So all we need to do in this particular case is to adjust the CSS for the new element, which is why I’ve asked for a live code – it is hard to give a precise code by only looking at the images. Could you please put the box back in, I will look at the code and tell you the required CSS code (however, please note that such theme amendment is considered customization and is not already covered by the ThemeForest standard support guarantee – this is just to note that I’m doing it based on wish to help, and I cannot guarantee that the changes will be 100% successful from the first time).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.