Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

WP Versions/Visual Composer

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support WP Versions/Visual Composer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    aaron
    Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased the Shogun theme from you, and am currently pulling my hair out trying to use this theme with the Visual Composer plugin.

I originally installed the latest version of WP (3.9.1), subsequently downgraded to 3.8.1 to see if that would fix issues, and it has not.
    I believe that these issues are arising from the plugin version of Visual Composer not being supported – but really i’m not sure.

Issues I am experiencing with the Visual Composer include;

– deleting elements (form, text box) etc, then proceeding to hit the “update” button. Everything shows as updated, however when i go to leave the page, it informs me that leaving the page will discard unsaved data – i.e. the changes i made.

– unable to insert media files into text boxes, clicking on the ad media button will not load the popup

– numerous other small issues.

What I would like to please know is; What version of WP should i install, to ensure FULL & TESTED functionality of all theme components and all plugins that are provided with the Shogun Theme?

Please don’t take this the wrong way, i LOVE the theme, it is great, and the theme itself functions flawlessly, it is just the 3rd party plugins and recent raft of updates which have probably thrown compatibility all out of whack!

Thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Aaron,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The Shogun theme already has the latest version of the Visual Composer plugin – the one by WPBakery – integrated into it (with additional styling and block options). As far as I understood, you are trying to install the VC plugin separately on top of the theme – is there a specific reason for that? Please let me know if I understood you correctly.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

aaron
    Participant

Hi Andril,

thanks for the quick reply!

In regards to your question re installing the plugin separately, no, i’m not installing it separate, it is just the plugin that comes integrated with the theme – i just activate that plugin – but it seems to have many many bugs when i try to use it with either WP v3.9.1 or 3.8.1

I have just used a basic install of the theme, there are no additional plugins or anything else attached to the theme – so I am not sure of what is causing these issues?

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Have problems with the Plugin too. Using the Frontend-Editor I managed to insert a single image, works fine. But when I want to add a simple Text box there is no way to change the placeholder text?!? When I click on EDIT, the Popup just shows GENERAL and DESIGN OPTIONS but no way to edit something.

I am using WP 3.9.1 and tried on Firefox, Chrome and IE

Respectfully
    Thomas

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

The Frontend Editor doesn’t work at all, just gives me a “Loading please wait” and thats it…
    Managed to insert the text via HTML and now the Backend Editor just shows me the Image but nothing else.

Think will deinstall this plugin as it creates only problems. Had tried it out with Kanso but didn’t work properly, too. Prefer using YOUR Shortcodes, Andrii, because I know they WORK the way they should.

Respectfully Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Aaron, I’ve double-checked the features you’ve mentioned, and cannot seem to be able to replicate the problems as of yet, neither on the Back-end nor the Front-End editor. I’ve sent you the latest versions of some of the theme’s files to the email address you’ve used when registering on this forum – please try updating them and let me know if it changes anything. Thanks!

Thomas, could you please clarify – are you using the VC plugin with Shogun or with Kanso? The latter hasn’t yet been integrated with the plugin officially, i.e. it is indeed better to use the shortcodes provided with the theme (they cover most of VC’s blocks in any case).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Hi Andrii Sensei
    I am using the integrated VC Plugin of Shogun as I would like to switch my site from Kanso to Shogun.

Have the same Problem as Aaron – the Texteditor doesn’t let me change the placeholder text, have to do it in Classic Mode. Just tried here at work, but same as at home. If you want I can send you screenshots

Respectfully
    Thomas

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Andrii Sensei,
    when working with Firefox 29.0.1 sometimes I encouter some problems when working in classic mode. Content is not shown, when I switch to HTML View, I can edit HTML. WPML is not working properly, too, as the language dropdown is not working. With closing and reopening Firefox, everything normal.

Just wanted to let you know.

Respectfully Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

I will need to ask you for access to the back-end to troubleshoot these issues, since I cannot seem to be able to replicate these problems on my machine – you can send the login and password to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed). Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas, Aaron,

I’ve looked at Thomas’ website, and the reason why the Visual Composer wasn’t working properly was a third-party WYSIWYG editor plugin that was installed there – namely, “CKEditor for WordPress”. The Visual Composer is to be used with WP default TinyMCE editor, other plugins may have unforeseen conflicts with the VC. Thomas, I’ve deactivated the CKEditor plugin for now, please check that the VC is working properly, and let me know if there are still any issues.

Aaron, could you please tell me if you are using any third-party editor plugins together with the theme? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.