Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Twitter widget not working

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Twitter widget not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    AdrianChm
    Participant

Hi there!

First, incredible theme :)

Second, having a problem with the Twitter widget (put into the sidebar). Simply, it does not work – assuming it’s supposed to pull last [x] tweets. Widget title is displayed, but the updates from the Twitter account are just not there… :) I tried both with and without @ (e.g. AdrianChm and @AdrianChm) – nothing works.

tristanpr
    Participant

Same here. It was working fine until today.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Adrian and Tristan,

thank you for bringing this up, it seems that Twitter has made changes to its API, rendering the existing widget code useless. I’ve rewritten the widget almost entirely to suit the most recent Twitter API settings, and it is working fine now. I will definitely update my themes as soon as possible, but before that you can download the updated file here. You’ll need to unpack it and upload into Fuji/includes/twitter-widget folder, replacing the original file.

Should you have other questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

tristanpr
    Participant

After a quick replace of the twitter-widget file, the widget returns this error message in between tweets :

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Requires argument 2, ‘Array’, to be a valid callback in/%WP-homedirectory%/wp-content/themes/Fuji/includes/twitter-widget/twitter-widget.php on line 99

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Requires argument 2, ‘Array’, to be a valid callback in/%WP-homedirectory%/wp-content/themes/Fuji/includes/twitter-widget/twitter-widget.php on line 100

mmsatori
    Keymaster

You’re right, the Debogger is unhappy with the file. Please find the fixed version here and let me know if it is working properly.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

tristanpr
    Participant

Ver2 is working like a charm!

Thank you very much Andrew, I’m impressed by your prompt response.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Great, glad it works ;)

A.

AdrianChm
    Participant

I’m sure it works (thank you!), and will use the new file as soon as possible. Meanwhile, additional thing about the widget: I have noticed that you can use only one widget at the time, i.e. there’s no way to put two Twitter widgets into the sidebar. If that is a big deal to fix, no worries, I will stick to the external plugin (you can see how it works on our site: http://www.theastronauts.com) – although if that’s an easy fix then of course I’d like to use the prettiness that is the native widget :)

AdrianChm
    Participant

Some ekstra info. I have installed the newest version of the widget and it seemed to work great. However, since I need two of these (see my post above) and the Fuji one for some reason can only be used once, I have deactivated the widget and kept the one I have found elsewhere. What that caused was this (at the bottom of the page):

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home/content/79/9731479/html/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 403

(Well, at the time I had no idea what caused this line, but as soon as I put WordPress into debug mode I was able to locate the culprit quickly :).

Replacing the new widget with the old version seems to have fixed the problem (the warning line is gone).

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Adrian,

I apologize for a delay in my reply!
    Please correct me if I got it wrong – you’re using a third-party plugin to display two instances of the Twitter widget in your sidebar, and once you update the theme’s built-in widget with the file I’ve provided last week, an error message is displayed, yet reverting to the original file removes the message?

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.