Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Trouble activating (similar to last person's post)

New Front EN Support Forums Origami Theme Support Trouble activating (similar to last person's post)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hannahtess
    Participant

Good evening! First, thanks for creating such wonderful themes!

I’m having a lot of trouble with the Origami theme. Like the last person who posted here, I was unable to upload it using the wordpress dashboard, so I used Fetch with my FTP and installed it that way. So now the theme shows up as an optional theme, but it tells me a new version is available but I cannot update. I get this message:

Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/download/Origami.1.4.10.zip…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Enabling Maintenance mode…

The package could not be installed. The plugin contains no files.

Theme update failed.

I have the theme activated at thoseswardgirls.com and so far it’s acting normally.

I do a lot of wordpress, and develop some myself, and I wanted to let you know about these issues. Please let me know if there’s any more information I can give you to help resolve these issues.

Thanks again and best luck!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Hannah,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The .zip upload issue is probably a coincidence, as this is the second time it has been reported for 100+ instances of the theme. As I mentioned in the previous thread, many hosting providers impose file upload size limits, for obvious reasons (otherwise people would use hostings as Dropbox-style repositories ;) so ftp upload is always recommended.

Please ignore the update call – this is a known issue and I am conversing with ThemeForest about the possible ways to solve it. The reason for this message is that there is a free WordPress theme that is also called Origami, and its version is higher than mine. The correct last version of Origami is 1.2, and it is a stable release. I apologize for this inconvenience, and will try to eliminate the issue as soon as possible.

Should you have more questions or face any problems, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.