Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Sub navigation + New vertical navigation

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Sub navigation + New vertical navigation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RGB
    Participant

Dear Andrii,

I have one question and one suggestion/question.
    I can’t seem to get a sub-menu item working on the single page website. The documentation says you can simply add a sub-menu item in the menu section and it should appear. But it doesn’t for some reason.

Secondly. I’m trying to find a way to implement this kind of (vertical) navigation: http://jsfiddle.net/dfuF9/1/
    Maybe you are interested in this as well for this or one of your future themes? It seems to be a trend nowadays.

I tried to figure out how to implement the above link’s code into the theme, but without any luck. I figured that the vertical bullets are exactly the same as the main menu items. They highlight when scrolling to the specific page and you can also click on them to navigate to the corresponding page. Only difference is that these are vertical bullets. My aim is to get this working together with the regular main menu on top, just as a way of showing where the page visitor is exactly.

– I though maybe I could add a menu widget on the one page and let these act the same way as the top menu navigation. But I can’t get any sidebars to work correctly on the Kanso theme.

– Second way of achieving this could be done by creating a second menu and edit it through CSS, but Kanso doesn’t offer the ability to create a second menu. Any way possible for you to implement this. Only if your interested of course?

If not, do you have any clue on how I could get this implemented, so I could try myself?
    Sorry to bother you with such a big question/request. It may not be the place for this to ask, but hey I could give it a try : )

Thanks in advance.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey RGB,

submenus are only possible in the multi-page mode in Kanso; this has been done intentionally, to keep the navigation as simple and usable as possible – some users become confused when both scrollable one-page menu and submenu co-exist :) I must apologize for not making it clear enough in the manual, will correct this. I would recommend trying to add the extra items as top-level items into the current one-page menu; in principle I could help you add a bit of the native WP menu to the existing scrolling menu, yet this will work only if the item with the submenu is either the first or the last one in the menu. If that is the case, please let me know, I will provide instructions.

Regarding your second question: I’ve decided to give it a shot. Please download the custom files from my repository, unzip the archive, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso), replacing the existing files. Let me know if it works!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RGB
    Participant

Dear Andrii,

Thanks for the compliment about the work and thanks again for the quick and great support! Also thanks so much for the vertical dotted navigation code you made and sent me. It looks just the way I wanted! One question about it though, the dots don’t seem to correspondent now. When you click projects the 4th dot is active in stead of the 3rd. Is this easy to fix?

I hope you have the time to answer one more question, I promise that I won’t bother you after that!

I’m currently using a plugin called Intense WordPress Plugin for creating custom blog posts. This works great in combination with your theme except for one thing: the sidebar/widget option. In your theme, you give the possibility to set the post/project to full width, sidebar right or left.

But in the custom posts that come with the Intense plugin this option is not available/visible. I tried to find the page for the plugin post template and delete the sidebar option but it seems to come from within the theme. Where can I find and edit the post template so that it won’t show the sidebar and shows the post in full width? I don’t mind not being able to use a sidebar widget at all. I probably won’t be using sidebars in the near future. I hope this is easily fixed. Just tell me if what I’m asking is impossible or if that I need to contact the plugin builders for this. Thanks in advance!

Link to the plugins custom post is: http://r-g-b.nl/project-items/de-reis-van-de-waterbouwsteen-2/

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey RGB,

it is difficult to tell why the dotted navigation behaves strangely on your website without access to the back-end; when I tested it on Kanso demo it was highlighting the right dots at the right times.

In order to force the theme to display all posts as full-width, please download this custom file, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso/), replacing the existing files.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RGB
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for the custom files. They work like a charm! I’m sorry I though I already sent you my login details.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by mmsatori.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Tim,

the initial code wasn’t fit for the situation, so I’ve modified the theme’s existing jQuery to incorporate the dotted navigation, now it should highlight when needed.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

P.S. I’ve removed the login credentials from your previous post (all posts on this forum are publicly viewable); I recommend you change the password as soon as possible

RGB
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for editing the files! It looks and works perfect now! How stupid of mine to post the password here. I changed my password. Thanks for deleting the post and for the heads up!

Thanks again for all the great help!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that it’s working!
    One thing I wanted to ask from my side – if you like the theme, please place a rating from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest user panel. Thanks!

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RGB
    Participant

Will certainly do that! Totally forget!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.