Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Slider with right gray column

New Front EN Support Forums Sensei Theme Support Slider with right gray column

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    micrem73

By adding:

#header-image #rps img {
    width: auto;
    height: 376px;
    margin-top:-20px;
    margin-left:-20px;
    }

code in “custom css” field of Appearance -Z Recent Pot Slider menu, i got a slider like the one in the screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6974/header.jpg , with a grey right column instead of the default bottom gray row.
    The only problem is that the image looks pixellated. How can i solve it?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Michelle,

the height of the Recent Posts Slider is fixed at 226px, which is why the image will become pixelated if its height is changed via CSS. You’d need to increase the image height in the “/includes/recent-posts-slider/recent-posts-slider.php” file, in the function “rps_post_img_thumb()” in order to get the slider to use a larger image.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

micrem73

dear,
    thanks for your prompt reply.
    I tried your suggestion, but still the image is pixellated. I also tried uploading a new image after the modify, with no success.
    regards
    michele

micrem73

For what i can understand, it shows in the slider the thumbnail resized in bigger size – this genertaes the pixels – instead of reducing the original media to the desidered size.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Michele,

line 146 of the “recent-posts-slider.php” file I’ve mentioned above says:

$img_details = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $val_p['post_ID'] ), 'full' );

which implies that the image being taken is the full version of the image. Could you please describe which amendments you’ve made to the “recent-posts-slider.php” file and how you added the post image that currently seems pixelated? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

micrem73

Hi dear,

thanks for your support.

There are some things I can’t understand:
    – in “/includes/recent-posts-slider/recent-posts-slider.php” there is no “rps_post_img_thumb()” function – you wrote i had to change the fixed 226px size there. I found instead a rps_show() function with a 226px set. Did you mean that function? However even changing it has no effect
    – the mentioned file is the original anyway, i didn’t change anything and also reset the size to 226 in rps_show() after testing it.
    – i added the post image simply by the media uploader of the site backend.

regards
    michele

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.