Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Question from a novice round two

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Question from a novice round two

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    klavold
    Participant

Hi I recently purchased fuji, which I think is great.  However, I am not sure how to make those grey boxes on your display. For example you have Photography, Thoughts, Culture…in a grey box? I followed the answer you gave someone with this earlier, but it simply made a drop down main menu. I’m curious as to how to get that damn grey box with the various categories. I’m sure there are more correct lingo for these things, but again I’m a novice and this is my first go so am not exactly sure what it’s called. So if you could let me know how to get that grey box with the various categories like, photography, thoughts etc. and can this be put on your main page.  Then, if you click those like travel, how to you put a post under that section. Thanks so much and sorry if I seem like a complete dummy;)

klavold
    Participant

thanks so much!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hi Klavold,

I started replying to your second topic, and that question became clear to me when I saw this post :)
    To create the menu you are speaking about, go to “Appearance – Menus”, find a box called “Theme Locations” in the left top corner, and click on the drop-down list which says “Main Menu Above Content”. Choose the menu you’ve created (use the right-hand-side box for that) and click “Save”. This feature of WordPress is indeed a tricky one – once there are more than one possible menu location in a theme, one needs to assign menus to one of the locations.

Should you have more questions, do not hesitate to approach me!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

klavold
    Participant

andrew! thank you so much, but that just seems to add to the drop down menu-i don’t want a drop down menu-but more those headers that you click? do you need an example

klavold
    Participant

on your page, it shows-photogrphay/thoughts/culture etc. i want my menu to be in that format, not dropdown, is that possible?
    see how here there are the menu in the grey-photogaphy, thoughts, culture-i want my menu to look like that, not the dropown menu
    perhaps this is not possible?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Oh, now I understand the source of the problem :) Make sure that in your menu (which is displayed in the area on the right) all the grey item boxes are on the same vertical line, i.e. none of them is indented to the right. See a screenshot here. In WordPress, once you drag a menu item box slightly to the right, the system automatically creates a submenu item.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

klavold
    Participant

no i have it like that, i don’t want a drop down menu at all-i want my menu to look like this…

klavold
    Participant

see how on twenty twelve(which i don’t like as much as your theme) but anyways-see how their menu is like this

http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/twentytwelve/

with the menu laid out like that “muse” writing” “day trips”
    not in a drop down form…perhaps this isn’t possible

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Klavold,

if you create a one-level menu and assign it to the theme location I’ve mentioned above, the system should create the exact same menu as in the theme demo. Could you please provide your website URL and send the login details to support@satoristudio.net, so that I could see what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.