Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Problems in kabuki with Internet Explorer

New Front EN Support Forums Pre-Order Questions Problems in kabuki with Internet Explorer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nichibus
    Participant

In kabuki when I use Internet Explorer 8 the menu is almost unusable. (The sub menu go over the menu, and even if I stay with the mouse over the menu, this go off)
    Even when I use Internet Explore 10 the menu is almoust unusable especially using the touch screen.
    Moreover in Internet Explore 10 there isn’t the dark backgroud under the text.
    Thanks

nichibus
    Participant

Moreover in Firefox when I open the menu with the Touch Screen this remain alwais on even if I click in the page and the menu cover the text of the page.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Nichibus,

thank you for bringing up these issues! I’ve fixed the menu in IE7 and IE8, as well as tried my best to remove the transparency bug in IE10 – please check out the theme demo, esp. regarding the last issue, since I do not have IE10 on my machine and thus have limited possibilities to check the results of my tinkering. I will definitely include the fixes into the next theme update, or in case you wish to purchase the theme, I will be able to send you the fixes to update manually.

Regarding the menu usability on touchscreens – could you please name the device (and model) on which you are viewing the website? The menu in Kabuki has been designed to fold back when the cursor leaves the menu area, no on click, thus you can try to “swipe out” of the menu into another area of the page to see if this will get the menu to slide up. Please let me know if this helps!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

nichibus
    Participant

Thanks Andrew,
    In IE8 now the menu don’t appear (I have IE8 on WIN7).
    In IE7 probably is OK (I use an emulator to test it)
    In IE10 there isn’t the dark backgroud. (I have IE10 on WIN8)

My touch Tablet PC is a DELL Latitude XT with Windows 8.
    If I “swipe out”, the menu slide up. But this “swipe out” is not a natural operation. (With touch screnn I have to do one touch on + to open the menu. It isn’t natural swipe out to close the menu. I think could be more natural like in “FUJI” theme)
    Moreover swipe out the menu is difficult to do (When I try to swipe out, it’s very easy click and go to onother page of the menu)

Another question:
    In IE7 now the menu is alwais visible at the left of the page. Even whene i scroll down the page, the menu is in the same position.
    It is possible to do it for all browser?
    Thanks

Nicola

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Nicola,

I would like to thank you for pointing out these issues because it has been a stimulus for me to work hard to resolve them! :)
    I’ve fixed the compatibility issues in IE versions 10, 8, and 7. Moreover, following your comment on using the theme on touchscreen devices I’ve modified the intermediate responsive form of Kabuki, forcing the menu to always appear on screens smaller than 1024 px wide.

I will definitely include the fixes into the upcoming Kabuki update (version 1.0.2). Meanwhile, if you need the fixes faster, please let me know and I will send you the modified files.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.