Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Post on Portfolio

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Post on Portfolio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tinchox17

I know, you say there is a difference between post and projects
    but there is any way, maybe a PLUGIN or something to display both (recent) blog post AND portfolio item boxes in the opening grid design

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Tinchox17,

in Ikebana, projects are displayed on the portfolio masonry grid page template and posts are displayed in the classic blog for the following reason: in the website’s structure, the mentioned masonry page serves as a page to showcase works or other items, not as a universal front for all what’s happening on the website. Technically, one can in principle have both posts and projects displayed in the same grid, yet that would require altering the theme’s template files, most importantly the “page_portfolio.php” file; it needs to start by adding the posts to the main query that generates the loop for that template, namely changing line 69 from

$wp_query = new WP_Query( array( 'posts_per_page' => $ppp , 'post_type' => 'project' , 'paged' => $paged , 'post__not_in' => $exclude_ids, 'order' => $order, 'orderby' => $orderby ) );

to

$wp_query = new WP_Query( array( 'posts_per_page' => $ppp , 'post_type' => array( 'project', 'post') , 'paged' => $paged , 'post__not_in' => $exclude_ids, 'order' => $order, 'orderby' => $orderby ) );

However, additional customizations in the theme’s CSS styles and other template files (such as “content.php”) might be necessary for this to work as needed in this case.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

janpeeters

Hi Satori,

This request is exactly what I’d hoped for (and expected) when I saw your site and demo. I might have not read clearly enough though. I would really like to be able to choose portfolio, mingle portfolio/blog or only display blog posts in the grid. I think it would be a great addition to this already wonderful theme. It would get so flexible. Would you consider adding this functionality in a future update?
    I’ve just tried to add the code but the whole lay-out goes wrong, so this might be beyond my customization knowlegde. But wow would it be great if I could mingle portfolio items and posts.

Thanks, Jan

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by janpeeters.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jan,

thank you for the suggestions, we will include this feature into the development pipeline; meanwhile, you can ask for specialized freelance developer services to help implement this one; I’d recommend Upwork and Envato Studio as sources of value-for-money developers.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.