Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

portfolio grid – content types and customisation

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support portfolio grid – content types and customisation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tallhat
    Participant

hi there, i’m using ikebana as a base for a site i’m creating. nice theme! it’s going well so far. i’m being asked if it’s possible to auto-rotate through images or quotes in one of the boxes in the portfolio grid. what would be the options there? looks like it would need some bespoke dev work to do that?

i’d also ideally like to be able to change the background color and font color in the ‘quote’ boxes on a box-by-box basis – but the background color setting doesn’t have an affect on quote boxes does it?

do you offer theme customisation as a service to help implement anything like this? happy to pay for help here. can i contact you off-forum about this?
    thanks,
    chris

tallhat
    Participant

sorry, meant to also ask – would it be possible to have a link to a video from a portfolio box which causes the video to appear in an overlay ‘lightbox’ – rather than linking to a page as on the demo site? what would be involved here? thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will go over the issues in the same order:

1). The images of image-format posts already rotate in a gallery while in the overlay mode; please notice the black square arrows on the bottom sides of the image when you hover your mouse over it ;)

2). I’ve checked just in case – the “Background Color” option works just as fine for the quote-format projects; please make sure that there is a hex color code in the field when you’re saving the project (for this, ensure that you press the blue “Submit” button once you set the indicator to your desired color).

3). Regarding your last question – this is a tricky one; a video overlay is not envisaged from the theme’s admin back-end, but theoretically it should be possible – one would need to install a lightbox plugin as well as change the code of the “content-video.php” template so that the video project boxes link directly to the video and not to the video project. Unfortunately I’m not available for customization work at this moment, but you can check out e.g. Tweaky, they have fixed pricing and decent service.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

tallhat
    Participant

thanks for the quick reply
    1) sorry i meant *auto-rotate*, and particularly it would be good to be able to rotate through client text quotes. what would be the best starting point do you think to add/customise the theme to allow this?
    2) yes i’ve got that sorted, sorry, missed the # in the field (it wasn’t needed in the theme options fields)
    3) sure, i thought it would be a case of under-the-hood customising and adding a lightbox plugin. any recommendations for plugin?
    thanks again
    chris

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

quotes in Ikebana are constructed as simple text in a box; if you need them appearing in an overlay on mouse click, you would need to alter the “content-quote.php” template file to have the items act as links, and then use a plugin, e,g, this one, to display these is an overlay.

You can also try using one of the Thickbox plugins for displaying videos in overlays, but you will also probably need to change the link on these items from pointing to the underlying project item to pointing directly to the video.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

tallhat
    Participant

thanks – sorry i need to clarify – the quotes i don’t need to appear in an overlay/lightbox – i just want to work out the best way to approach adding the ability to fade through *multiple quotes* in a single portfolio box. any suggestions for a starting point?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Ah, I see now. You can try to reverse-engineer the existing mechanism for the “gallery”-format project items, adding a capability to display text instead of images (see the “content-gallery.php” and the “/scripts/orbit” theme folder as a starter). Alternatively, you can try creating your own jQuery code that would rotate several div elements inside a single project box. Finally, the “quick and dirty” way would be to simply convert quotes into images and add them into “gallery”-format posts ;)

I hope this helps at least a bit!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.