Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

portfolio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    massakid
    Participant

Hello, I’m sorry I don’t know wordpress very well, how do you create the portfolio section on the sample main page? i can’t figure out how to put all those images together side by side and make them like buttons

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Massakid,

I usually don’t like to refer the users to the theme manual as it may mean lower personalization of my answer, yet in this case I believe I will, to avoid repeating what is already there :) the process of creating a portfolio is described in detail on pages 6 and 7 of the manual, there are also screenshots of certain important aspects included.

By the way, in case you wish to make your website look like the theme demo, the fastest way to that would probably be importing the demo content I’ve included in the theme package – please see page 14 of the manual for details on how to import the content.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

massakid
    Participant

Thanks for you reply, I’m sorry I did read it but things just didn’t work as I expected, I not used to wordpress I tougth it would be easier to set up everything. I gues I will import the content and check it out. I didn’t imported before because I wanted to fully understand how to create everything from scratch

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Massakid,

in case the problems with portfolio persist, do not hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to provide further assistance.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

massakid
    Participant

Hello again, thank you again for the great support. I still have problems with the portfolio. I created a new portfolio for each image I want to show up in the main page, I set them as featured image and they show up ok, but when click on the images, they do.not show the portfolio page content. it show me a error, I dont know how to fix it. Also is that the best way to create a image grid to show on the main page? I feel like I don’t have much control to positioning the thumbs and the text. I will end up creating a whole new css and html just for that page, anyway if anyone could advise me a good plugin or something so I can easily put some images and text in a beautiful way I would also appreciate. Thanks

massakid
    Participant

Oh, by the way the import failed, All contents couldn’t be installed every time I tey to import

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Massakid,

I will need access to your WP admin to troubleshoot the portfolio issue – please provide your login credentials by sending an email to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed). I will also look into the import issue once I can see the back-end.

Regarding your second question: please give more details as to what kind of grid you’re looking for – should it contain elements of various sizes or same size, should they align by rows/columns or form a masonry layout, etc. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

massakid
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply, I’m pretty much desperate here. I will send you a login.
    About the grid, I just want a very simple grid, some way that I can easily put images with a text under it, like a button, pretty much lke your kanso sample websitem,but I find out that creating portfolios for each image is not the best way, anyway what you suggest?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Massakid,

since the user you’ve created for me has a low-capability type (probably an “author”), I cannot see most parts of the admin menu, thus the below instructions are my best guess at the moment. If they do not work, I will need to ask you to upgrade the user you’ve created for me to “administrator” level so that I could see all the settings.

As far as I can see, you’ve been using a gallery as a sort of grid for the showcase; there’s a better alternative in Kanso, intended exactly for that: the portfolio page. Please try the following:
    1). Create a new page an give it a “Portfolio” template in the “Page Attributes” settings box. Add page title; you can leave the content blank. Save the page.
    2). Create several Projects (“Portfolio -> Add New”), settings their format to “Image” in the “Format” settings box. In each project, add a title, and upload a featured image (i.e. thumbnail) in the bottom right corner of the page editor screen.
    3). You’re all set! Go back to the one-page template and you should be able to see a portfolio of projects in a grid (you can change the parameters of the grid in the “Portfolio Page” tab of the Theme Options panel.

Please let me know if the above helps!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.