Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Nivo-slider images

New Front EN Support Forums Sensei Theme Support Nivo-slider images

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    incraz
    Participant

Hi,

I am using shortcode for the nivo-slider for one of my pages. I am attempting to get the nivo-slider to pull specific images. I am not sure how to do this. At the moment it appears to be pulling random images except for the categories option. Please help.

Thanks,

Kari

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Kari,

if you want your nivo slider to pull images from the post it is inserted into, please choose the “post” option from the “Source of images” dropdown in the shortcode setup screen (the final shortcode that is inserted into the page/post will look something like this:

[nivo_slider source=”post” link=”image” size=”656×300″ limit=”10″ effect=”random” speed=”600″ delay=”3000″]

Now, in order to attach images to the post/page, press the “Add media” button above the text editor area and choose the files to upload; once the are uploaded, press “Save all changes” at the bottom of the window and close it. Save the page – and you should be able to see the slider. Please see this demo page I’ve made for you for the final look of the slider.

I hope I wasn’t too confusing :)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

incraz
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this. This is what I did originally. The problem I have is when I select the ‘post’ option it pulls a random image from one post and another image from another post. The nivo-slider is on the home page and I only want it to pull from the most recent post from the post page. Is there a way to specify which post it is meant to pull from, and if so where would I enter it into the shortcode?

Thanks again,
    Kari

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Kari,

in order to force the slider to extract images from a particular post or page (not necessarily the current one), try the following shortcode:

[nivo_slider source=”post=12” link=”image” size=”656×300″ limit=”10″ effect=”random” speed=”600″ delay=”3000″]

putting the desired post/page ID instead of the “12”. You can find the ID of a page/post by entering the editor mode – the URL part with says “?post=12” or some other number is what you need.

Also, if you want to pull the images from the latest posts on your homepage, why not try the Recent Posts Slider, which is also included in the theme – you can choose it in the “Custom header” box below the content editor in the page edit mode, and adjust its settings in “Appearance -> Recent Posts Slider”.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

incraz
    Participant

Great! that worked!

Thanks again,

Kari

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.