Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

menu links to other pages in one-page mode

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support menu links to other pages in one-page mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skaalyk
    Participant

Is there a way to have a link in the menu take you to another page when you are in ‘one-page’ mode. For instance, if I want the ‘What We Do,’ ‘Who We Are’, etc pages on the home page in one-page mode, but I want the blog page to be separate. Any way to do that?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Kjael,

this is not currently possible via the back-end, yet since you’re already the second person who is asking about this feature, I’ve decided to implement it and include into the next version of the theme (1.5). I’ve uploaded the updated files for you, please retrieve the archive here, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso/), replacing the existing files. After that refresh the website – the menu items that scroll inside the page should remain, but now if you add a classic WP menu in the “Appearance -> Menu” admin section, they will also appear in the menu as normal links, to the right of the former. Please let me know if this works well.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skaalyk
    Participant

Andrii,

Thank you so much for the help!

We are very close – the links to the exterior pages are now showing in the menu. However, when you first land on the home page, and the menu is in an expanded display, the exterior links in the menu display underneath the other links. Once you scroll down, the links line up like normal. Any thoughts? Here’s the site for reference – new.capitallendingsolutions.com

Thx again for the help,

Kjael

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Kjael,

this happens because the existing menu items just don’t fit into the space left in the header area after the logo :) you could try e.g. reducing the padding of the “li” elements by adding a bit of CSS:

#nav-primary li { padding: 0 !important; }

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.