Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Keeping footer down

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support Keeping footer down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CREDO
    Participant

Is there a way to have a “sticky footer” so it stays at the bottom when there isn’t enough content to push it down?
    Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Credo,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The footer “flows” together with the rest of the page’s element in most WordPress themes, and I would not recommend fixing it to the bottom of the page – e.g. on smaller screens it might look quite ugly; instead, I’d recommend inserting several empty lines into the page to make the content higher (e.g. by using the line break tags in the “Text” editor mode).

However, if you do need to fix the footer on a particular page, you can do it by adding some custom CSS, as follows:

.page-id-XX #footer { position: fixed; bottom: 0; width: 100%; z-index: 10; }

replacing the “XX” with the page ID; this code can be added at the bottom of the theme’s “style.css” file (opens by default when you visit the “Appearance -> Editor” admin section.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

CREDO
    Participant

That’s perfect, thanks!

CREDO
    Participant

Actually, I guess I was thinking of it only sticking when screen height exceeds the content length. Would that be too complicated with for CSS?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Credo,

this is not possible with CSS (you can check out other premium and free WP themes, they all have a floating footer). It might be possible via some custom javascript for example, but I’m not sure anyone ever did that.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.