Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Inserting a different featured post slider

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Inserting a different featured post slider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JasonKenney
    Participant

Hey, picked up the theme (thanks for helping me with the layout question in the pre-purchase area, btw) and am trying to do some custom work with it and am having issues inserting a different featured post slider then what’s installed in the theme.

I’m trying to create a custom home page with a slider to the left and a widget to the right and I’m using the Featured Content Gallery plugin which requires me to drop the following php in theme:

But nothing is generated. The code shows up when I view the page source, but otherwise the page remains blank:

function startGallery() {
    var myGallery = new gallery($(‘myGallery’), {
    timed: true
    });
    }
    window.addEvent(‘domready’,startGallery);

.jdGallery .slideInfoZone
    {
    height: 75px;
    }

Post One
    This is post one

Post Two
    This is post two

Is there anything in here that looks like it’s conflicting with something in the stylesheet? I can’t find anything but maybe I’m overlooking it?

Alternatively, is there a way to use the native slider in an area other than above the menu and at a different size?

Thanks,
    Jason

JasonKenney
    Participant

Yikes, and of course it formatted all of my code. Whoops.

JasonKenney
    Participant

Seems the same function that turns off the built in slider also turns off the other one, so if I turn on the header one the other one turns on (but is still iffy).

So I removed the plugin and tried to work with the built in slider but using the options under Appearance –> Recent Posts Slider I’ve set it to pull from Category 21 – Featured. But nothing happens. Not only that, the arrows for navigation pop up in the upper left corner of the navigation area.

How it looks: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rx9ydg.jpg

Settings under Appearance: http://i46.tinypic.com/2dw71bb.png

Settings under Theme Options: http://i50.tinypic.com/f0p6d2.png

I figure if I can get this working, I’d like to try to move it down and to the side. I really dig the resizing for different devices so I’d like to keep that while setting the default size to 660*320 and putting it where a blog post might be: above the rest of the blog content and to the left of the sidebar.

I know this is a lot of custom work, but if I can get the slider to work I can (probably) figure out the rest.

Thanks so much for a great theme and all of your help.

J~

JasonKenney
    Participant

So, uh, after all of that I kinda figured it out. Sorry to have spammed the board.

J~

mmsatoristudio

Hi Jason!

I apologize for a relatively slow response, based in the GMT+1 zone :) I’m glad you’ve managed to figure it out in any case – as far as I understood the issue was in the fact that you mixed the image slider and the recent posts slider – to display the latter you’d need to choose the “Recent Post Slider” option from the “Content of the custom header” choice in the “Header” tab of the Theme Options panel, and also choose the recent posts slider from the little options box below the text editor on the page in question (in case you wanted to display the slider on one or more particular pages).

Should you have more questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact me!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

JasonKenney
    Participant

Oh, no worries, you weren’t slow to reply at all, I just had a breakthrough shortly after writing you about it. The issue ended up being that they both used the “featured” ID for their DIVs, so the CSS you applied to the built in slider was interfering with the plugin. Changed the name of things on the plugin and it worked. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.