Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

IE8 Compatibility

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support IE8 Compatibility

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    Participant

Hi there,

Lovely theme. I’m working on a site for a friend (www.papertrail.org.uk) and the site functions normally on iphone / Firefox / Safari etc but when viewed on IE8 it looks a real mess. Featured images don’t re-size, the header is chopped off. My frustration is that the University my friend works at only uses IE8 so it’s the reason I got this template. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Many thanks

Mike

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

This is indeed something that needs fixing, even though it’s still a bit sad that the places where the future of the society gets educated are using the crappiest browsers in existence :) I’ve managed to correct the background resizing feature for portfolio items, yet I am not sure I understood the header issue (the header looks fine in my IE8 emulator). Could you provide a screenshot illustrating the problem?

Regarding the background fix – I’ve included it into the upcoming theme update (to version 1.2), along with several new features and other bug fixes; the new version should be live within 24 hours, but if you need the fix faster, I can send you the files and explain what to do with them.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

MichaelC
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for responding so quickly and I appreciate the update. I managed to find out that if the images are sized only slightly larger than the size of the portfolio boxes then IE8 responds normally with the template.

Best

Michael

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Michael,

have you tried the ver. 1.2 theme update or have you simply changed the size of the image uploads?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.