Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Icon Menu with Polylang

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Icon Menu with Polylang

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stephan
    Participant

Hi there,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for this awesome theme which answers very well what I was looking for.

However, today I need my website to be multilingual (English and French). To do so, I decided to use Polylang plugin which is quite easy to setup and use.

My question is : how can I handle the translation in the icon menu? Top Menu is quite easy to handle as there are one menu item for English and another one for French. But I don’t see how to deal with the left menu.

Thank you very much for your help!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Stephan,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

All strings in Ikebana have been wrapped into respective functions according to WordPress internationalization standards, which means that they should be translatable by any third-party plugin that uses these functions. I haven’t used Polylang before, yet from its documentation I can see that it also makes use of the said functions. This page of the documentation might help you with translating the pre-set strings; if it doesn’t please provide access to your back-end by sending login and password to [email protected] (no disclosure guaranteed) – and I will troubleshoot the issue.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

stephan
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I sent credentials yesterday to [email protected] but didn’t receive any answer yet. Did you well receive it? I might be too much in a hurry, hehe !

Thank you in advance

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Stephan,

I’ve looked at the Polylang plugin on your website, and it seems that the plugin does not offer the possibility to translate all hard-coded strings within themes, only the website’s meta tags and several additional items. I would suggest you try either the Xili Language plugin or the WPML plugin for extended functionality.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

stephan
    Participant

Hey,

I will have a look at Xili Language. As the site should be online very soon, I will start french version only and might come back to you when translating it.

Thank you for your help !

Stephan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.