Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Home page sizing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    m4c
    Participant

Hi,
    first thing – beautiful looking theme, and worked great straight ‘out of the box’ – until I tried it on a couple of other computers…

On my laptop your theme demo looks great,
    http://www.screencast.com/t/iDAvOYO6o

but when I look at my installation:
    http://79.170.40.246/francisdolley.com/

it’s resized to an ipad type width with space on either side of the page:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/wuxnOo49K

When I try the zoom on the browser, the page is resizing OK and the images / boxes are moving around perfectly…

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

m4c
    Participant

Hi- any chance of feedback on my question?

thanks
    Jason

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jason,

first of all, thank you for the purchase and my apologies for the slow reply!

The margins on both sides of the content in Ikebana are intended behaviour – since the width of the masonry blocks is fixed, it is impossible to adapt to all screen sizes without either allowing the content to not fit a whole number of tiles (which would be ugly) or changing the margins around the content; in other words, Ikebana’s content width algorithm works in steps – when the width of the screen decreases, the content always accommodates a whole number of tiles by width. The screenshot from your table is exactly the case just after such “step” has been made – the content width shrinks to accommodate less tiles (3 instead of 4), so the margins increase; if you reduce the width of the content further, the margins will become smaller. On mobile phones (screens below 732px in width) the margins are narrow all the time. You can try resizing the website in your browser all the way down to the minimum width to get a feel of it :)

Please let me know if I misunderstood the question – or if the explanation wasn’t clear enough (I can imagine the latter).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

m4c
    Participant

Many thanks for your thorough reply Andrii,

– I fully appreciate the steps in resizing – what I dont understand is why your demo looks great on my screen but my installation is resizing for a smaller screen, even though it’s being viewed from a different tab on the same browser, on the same screen, with the zoom set to 100% on both…

I clearly have some setting that are different to you, and dont know where…

Last thought is on the ordering of the portfolio – can the Order Attribute be used, or do I just need to edit the dates to change the order?

Thanks again
    J

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jason,

the only difference I can spot between your instance of Ikebana and mine is the portfolio box item margins – the demo has a slightly lower setting than the default; could you please try setting the “Portfolio page items: box margins” field to “14” in the “Portfolio Page” tab of the Theme Options panel and refreshing the website?

Regarding portfolio ordering – the default order is by date, thus if you are fine with this method you can just change the dates of the projects if you want a custom order; for other ordering methods, please see the “Order of portfolio items” setting in the “Portfolio Page” tab of the Theme Options panel. I should also note that you can declare any project as “sticky” in Ikebana (see the “Sticky – Always First” settings box on the right hand side of the project editor screen mode), which will force it to display ahead of all other non-sticky ones.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

m4c
    Participant

that was easy!

Many thanks – the margin size fixed it – might be worth an edit in your instructions :)

Best wishes

Jason

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jason,

glad the issue’s resolved! I will try to add a clarification into the manual regarding the demo margins ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.