Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Header Menu & One Page Setup Issues

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Header Menu & One Page Setup Issues

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    marfaioli
    Participant

Hi there,
    first of all let me tell you that I love Kanso very much – in spite of a few problems I am having with the one-page setup of my website: http://www.maurizioarfaioli.net/

1) My forms – in particular the contact form – are not working when I use the one-page setup
    2) If I visit a post of my Blog or an item of my Portfolio the main menu links stop working and I have to go back to the main page to get out
    3) Finally: it is possible to insert the command in the blog posts?

Thank you very much in advance.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Maurizio,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). Please tell me if you’ve installed the “Contact Form Generator” plugin that was packaged with the theme? Could you please try inserting a form into one of the pages so that I could look at the code? Thanks!

2). Yes, it is indeed a bug – please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for reporting! I’ve prepared a fix, which you can download here. Please download the archive, unzip it, and upload the contained file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso/), replacing the existing file. The menu links outside the one-page template should work like in the theme demo now.

3). Could you please clarify what you mean by “command” in this case?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

marfaioli
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

thank you very much, now the problem number 2 is ok.
    And you can find a form at this link:
    http://www.maurizioarfaioli.net/contact-form/
    I hope you can tell me what is the problem.

I have a further question: my header does not ‘shrink’ the way it does in the theme demo. What did I do wrong?

Best,
    Maurizio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Maurizio,

– the contact form on the page you linked to seems to look very fine :) could you please clarify what you mean by the form not working on the one-page template? Have you tried inserting a form into the “Contact” page?

– please update the theme to version 1.2, this is a known cross-browser issue and it has been fixed in 1.2; you can always find the latest version of the theme in the “Donwloads” tab of your ThemeForest account.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Kenya Fever
    Participant

I’m also having issues with the contact form. (My contact form is on my one-page site, here: http://www.sitetomorrow.com/home).

1. Emails are not being sent. I’ve tried from several browsers, and using several email addresses, but it never gets through. Not sure what I have to do, but if you can provide some help, I’d be much obliged.

2. The ‘Message Sent’ notification which appears after hitting ‘send’ is bunched up and overlapping with the page header. It looks really bad. Is there any way to change that?

Thanks!!

KF

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey KF,

the contact form issue is a known bug, I am preparing the next theme update (version 1.3) which will among other things correct it. Before that, you can download this fix from my repository, unzip it, and upload into your theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso), replacing the existing files – this should fix both contact form problems.

Please let me know if it helps!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Kenya Fever
    Participant

Awesome. That worked. Still leaves a funny little jumbled message after it’s sent, but I’ll wait and see how it looks in the update.

Really appreciate your support.

KF

Kenya Fever
    Participant

Actually, one note about this fix. When I refresh my page (which I do a lot to see the changes I’m making), it resubmits the same contact form message every time. So there are like 12 duplicate messages in my inbox.

Can this be changed?

Many thanks.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey KF,

the form is being resubmitted because browsers work that way :) you can notice on other websites that if you fill in a form, submit it, and then try to refresh the same page, the browser will ask you whether you’d like to resubmit the form. The only way to circumvent this that I could think of right now is to create a cookie each time a form is being submitted, telling it not to try to resubmit on page reload; however, the catch would be that the cookie is minimally valid for the duration of the session, i.e. until you close your browser and open it again, you won’t be able to send the form once more.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.