Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Google Font Wieght Options

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Google Font Wieght Options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PlaneCreative
    Participant

Thanks for the help on the Fancybox issue, I’ll be sure to update once 2.2 is uploaded. I have another question for you though.

Is there a way to adjust the font weight of the Google fonts? For example I’d like to use ‘Lato’ but not at 400 or “normal”. Is there any way to adjust the font weight for specific tags and classes at all?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey PlaneCreative,

Ikebana 2.2 has just been made available on ThemeForest ;)

If you want to control font weight for specific classes, you’ll need to edit the theme’s stylesheet (the recommended way to achieve this is child themes) or add the extra CSS into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the theme options panel. If you need advice on specific elements, let me know, I will help out with formulating the statements.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

PlaneCreative
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, but I will that work? I don’t think your header functions are actually making the font weights from Google available. It looks like it builds the link from the input on the options page which would only be the font name. so the link would look like this:

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans

Not like this:

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,400,300,600,700,800&subset=latin,cyrillic-ext,greek-ext,latin-ext,vietnamese

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by PlaneCreative.
    PlaneCreative
    Participant

I could use some advice on how to change the font weight for the boxes on the masonry homepage. Which class should I use to change the font for all the boxes?

Thanks for all your help, Jose

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jose,

the Google Font insert code is contained in the “header-functions.php” file in Ikebana (right at the top), and it does include all possible font-weights; at this point it is worth noting that not all Google Fonts come in different weights, e.g. Lato only has two possible weights, 400 and 700, while Open Sans has five.

To change the font width of masonry elements, you can use e.g. this CSS:
    .iso-masonry .post { font-width: 400; }

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.