Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Frontpage doesn't look as expected

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Frontpage doesn't look as expected

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MangoTree
    Participant

I’ve installed Ikebana on a clean German WordPress installation.

I’m not sure where I went wrong but even after I tried importing the demo content and assigning the main menu items, I didn’t get Ikebana’s expected look.

Here’s a screenshot of what the frontpage looks like.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Timon,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The content-import xml files do not transfer website settings in WordPress, so you will need to do one additional thing to display the masonry grid on the front page: please go to “Settings -> Reading” admin section, choose the “Static page” from the “Front page displays” setting, and in the respective drop-down choose the “Portfolio” page that should have been imported with the other content. After saving these settings refresh the website – the front page should display portfolio project grid now. Let me know if you face problems with this!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

MangoTree
    Participant

Thanks it worked :-)

You might want to add that as step 8 in the manual, because I thought I was done with the installation.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Timon,

glad to hear!
    You’re right, maybe I should be more explicit on this in the manual.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.