Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Front page sidebar

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support Front page sidebar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CREDO
    Participant

With the ‘widgetized frontpage template’ enabled, no sidebars will show up on a selected ‘static front page’, even though a sidebar page template and sidebar are selected.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Credo,

the “widgetized frontpage template” option, as noted in its description, enables to set up a front page with widget areas above and below the main content, just like in the theme demo (the upper widget area is not occupied in this case). When this option is enabled, the two widget areas that contain the widgets are “Front Page Above Content” and “Front Page Below Content” (located in the “Appearance -> Widgets” admin section). In case you simply need a front page with a sidebar, I would recommend turning off the “widgetized frontpage template” option, setting a page as the static front in the “Settings -> Reading” admin section, and giving that page the “Right-sidebar” template layout in the page editor mode. In this case the widget area you need is the “Sidebar”.

Please let me know if the above information has been helpful in this instance or if you need further guidance!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

CREDO
    Participant

Sorry, I thought I tried that already and it didn’t work, but it does. I guess you just can’t have both above/below widgets and a sidebar? (not an issue necessarily, but just to be clear).
    Also, with the “widgetized frontpage template” off, now there’s blog post meta data at the bottom and the page showing (which is turned off in theme options). Is there a way to get rid of those again?

Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Credo,

yes, the widgetized front page is meant for cases where the top and bottom widget areas are needed, there’s no possibility to combine all three (including the sidebar) on a single front page; you can use the [COLUMN] shortcodes to subdivide the layout of the content in case of the widgetized front page and thus emulate a sidebar though.

Regarding your second question: not sure I understood the situation fully: could you please provide the URL of the page in question? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

CREDO
    Participant

Is there a way to send you the link privately? It’s sort of an embarrassing mess at the moment : )

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Credo,

sure, you can send the URL to support@satoristudio.net. I promise I won’t show it to anyone ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonathan,

I will answer all questions here, for the sake of continuity; perhaps future users might also find this information helpful.

1). The front page content has meta underneath it because you’ve apparently set the front page to display recent posts in the “Settings -> Reading” admin menu, thus it pulls the latest post with all it appendages, including the meta information; please try using a static front page for that setting.

2). To remove the gap above the submenus, please try this custom CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 3000px) and (min-width: 767px) { #header #nav-primary ul li ul { margin-top: 3px !important; } }

3). Since your menu is already customized, you’ll need additional javascript for that, something along the lines of this – and so on for each item since the colors are different in each case. You can insert the script at the bottom of the theme’s “header-functions.php” file.

4). To deal with the gaps between submenu items that appear briefly during the animation, please try removing the “10” inside the “hide(10)” and “show(10)” methods on lines 256, 266, 281 and 285 of the “header-functions.php” theme file.

Please let me know if you face difficulties with any of the above!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

CREDO
    Participant

Thanks!
    #2) & #4) worked perfectly!
    #1) was already set that way though – so without the “widgetized frontpage template” active, it seems to force the ‘blog post front page’ or something?
    #3) doesn’t appear to do anything… the menu heading is still returning to the default blue when not over it directly. Maybe I didn’t enter the script properly?

var $sbm = jQuery.noConflict();
    $sbm(‘#menu-item-220 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#856A50′);
    },
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’transparent’);
    }
    );

$sbm(‘#menu-item-221 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#804040′);
    },
    function() {
    }
    );

$sbm(‘#menu-item-222 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#66913C’);
    },
    function() {
    }
    );

$sbm(‘#menu-item-223 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#373768′);
    },
    function() {
    }
    );

$sbm(‘#menu-item-224 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#66335E’);
    },
    function() {
    }
    );

$sbm(‘#menu-item-225 .sub-menu’).hover(
    function() {
    $sbm(this).parent.children(‘a’).css(‘background-color’,’#ce763c’);
    },
    function() {
    }
    );

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by CREDO.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonathan,

1). Yes, in Tokyo, the front page defaults to blog posts in case the “widgetized front page” was not switched on.

3). You’ve inserted it slightly incorrectly; I’ve prepared a custom theme file for you to ensure that the code works: please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Tokyo), replacing the existing file. Please let me know if this version works!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

CREDO
    Participant

Thanks, Unfortunately the file didn’t work either (and seemed to break something…).
    But I messed around with the section directly, and by removing the original background color line ($submenu(‘> a’, this).css(‘background-color’ etc.) and adding a new section (below) for each submenu, it seems to be working now! Not really knowing what I’m doing though, I’m more than welcome to correction!

$submenu(‘#nav-primary ul li#menu-item-220:not(li li)’).hover(
    function () {
    $submenu(‘> a’, this).css(‘background-color’, ‘#856a50’);
    }
    );

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.