Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Filters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    achamlin
    Participant

On my portfolio pages, none of the filters are showing up and the numbers to go to see more projects aren’t there either (for example when I limit the number of projects per page). Any ideas as to why this may be?
    Also, is there a way to have a portfolio page with all the thumbnails leading to my various projects, but have the actual projects be galleries with multiple photos flipped through using back/forward arrows?
    Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Achamlin,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will go over the issues in the same order:

1). There are two settings that regulate the number of portfolio items in grids in Kanso: a). Number of items on One-page template: Theme Options, “One-Page Website” tab, “Number of portfolio projects per page” and b). Number of items on Portfolio template (also the page you get redirected to when you click on the “See All” button from the One-Page template): Theme Options, “Portfolio Page” tab, “Portfolio items per page”. Please check that you are using the relevant option. The filters are sourced from the portfolio “types” taxonomy (“Portfolio -> Types”) – please make sure that you have at least one type set up and assigned to at least one project in the abovementioned section of the admin panel.

2). There is a special project format called “gallery” which has been designed exactly for displaying a slider-gallery of images; you can choose the format from the “Format” settings box on the right hand side of the editor screen for the respective project. You can find more information on how to set up each post and project format on pages 8-9 of the theme manual.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

achamlin
    Participant

Andrii, thanks for the reply. I am still however having issues.
    1. I have types set and assigned to projects but they still do not appear, and neither do the pagination numbers at the bottom as they do on the Kanso sample portfolio page.
    2. I tried using the gallery setting to get a slider-gallery of images, but then the thumbnail on my portfolio page also became a gallery, is there a way to keep the thumbnail as a still image with a rollover subtitle (like it is on the kanso sample site) but in the actual project have a gallery?
    Thanks again!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Alistair,

below are some comments using the same numbering:

1). The types filter only shows up on portfolio pages, i.e those which have been assigned the “Portfolio” layout. Currently all pages on your website have the “One-Page” layout, which should be changed – please take a look at pages 4-5 of the theme manual, the part about setting up the one-page website (in short, there should be only one page with the “One-Page” layout, acting as a container for the layout; other pages can have any other type of layout, which will also affect how they are rendered on the one-page “canvas”). There is also some additional guidance on creating portfolio pages on pp. 6-7 of the theme manual (sorry for referring you to the manual so often, I have when people do that to me myself, yet in this case the things in question are explained quite well in there :).

2). This hasn’t been envisaged originally; you can try using the standard project format, and inserting a revolution slider into projects instead. Alternatively, the “content_gallery.php” theme template file can be customized to make use of the thumbnails, yet this is, I’m afraid, not covered by the ThemeForest support offer; I can advise good-quality freelance customization services if you need it.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

achamlin
    Participant

Andrii, you referred to me as “alistair” which makes me think that perhaps you looked at a different site when answering my first question. I dont have any page set to “one page” on my site.
    My site is put up temporarily here http://781.ae9.myftpupload.com/ and as you can see the portfolio page has been assigned to “portfolio” and is displaying three of my projects, but there are no filters even though i have assigned each project to a specific type and there are no numbers even though I have more than three projects.

On a side note, every time I try to install the revolution slider, the install fails and I am met with this response

“Destination folder already exists. /home/content/p3nexnas06_data01/81/2067681/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/

Plugin install failed.”

Any idea why this is occurring?
    Thanks again for your timely responses.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Bugger :) You’re right, sorry about that, got a bit confused. I would be pleased to refer to you by name in any case, if you are fine with using it here of course.

Regarding the portfolio page – would you be able to provide access to the back-end for me? I cannot find any deficiencies by looking at the output code. You can send the login details to support@satoristudio.net. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.