Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Duplicate site ID in browser tab after Yoast install

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Duplicate site ID in browser tab after Yoast install

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrii. I am happy to say I haven’t needed support in a long time since the theme is working well. I just installed the Yoast SEO plugin and have a problem. My site id (lj wood) is showing up twice in the browser tab (for example Home Page followed by the vertical separator followed by lj woodlj wood. I searched for this problem and apparently it is not uncommon. Below are the instructions I found but before I attempt them, I wanted to ask whether you have heard of this problem and have a recommended fix. The instructions I found are below. I found the place in Yoast settings to do the first part of the instructions (disable the force rewrite titles) but am not so sure about the second part. Can you please advise? Thank you!
    Instructions:
    There are two parts to this fix. The first part is simple: log into WordPress and go to the Yoast plugin options. It should be labeled ‘SEO’ on the menu bar. Go to ‘Titles & Metas’ and under the ‘General’ tab you should see an options for ‘Enable force rewrite titles.’ Make sure this is unchecked.

The second part requires you to have access to edit the header.php file, either in the WordPress editor or any other file editor you have access to. You will need to replace the contents of the <title> tag. The default code in this section will look different from one theme to the next, but the fix is the same no matter what.

Replace everything in between the <title>…</title> with this snippet of code.

<title><?php wp_title(”); ?></title>

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hello Leslye,
    the instructions you’ve listed make sense, what you can do is visit the “Appearance – Editor” admin section, open the header.php file from the right panel, remove lines 6-25 of the header.php file (starting with <title> and ending with <?php } ?>) and replace them with the code you pasted above. In case you encounter problems along the way, don’t hesitate to contact me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.