Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

customize contact form

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support customize contact form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I wonder if it is possible to change some things about the contact form, specifically, color of the boxes to be lighter gray or white with a gray border, input text to be darker gray (same color as my body text), and rearrange the layout so that the ‘submit’ box is above the fold. I know I can change the box color in my theme options, but that’s no good without the ability to also change the text color.

If this is not possible with the plugin the theme uses, can you tell me how to use a different plugin? I have uploaded another one to my wordpress/content/plugins folder and activated in admin, and deactivated the original one, but when I am editing the page and choose the insert form icon, it still brings up the old form generator.

Thanks,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). The contact form text color can be changed by inserting the following code into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel:

input[type=”text”], input[type=”password”], textarea { color: #5b5b5b; }

(I’ve done it for you). You can change the “#5b5b5b” bit to any color you want, in hex notation.

2). If you wish to use another contact form plugin with the theme, please make sure it is not “Grunion Contact Form” (since this one is already integrated into Ikebana). Please also note that each third-party plugin will have a different mechanism for inserting the contact forms, not via the theme’s contact form icon in the text editor.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Great, Andrew, thanks for the help. I’ll give it a try.

leslyejoy
    Participant

The color change worked great. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.