Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

custom form

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    parklane05
    Participant

hey andrii,

thanks a lot for your previous help.
    we have a custom form on our page and although we can change the text of the boxes we want to change the language of the whole form. “send message” “message sent” “field xy is required” all these buttons and messages always display in english.

is there a way we can change it to german?

regards,
    sebastian

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sebastian,

all text strings in Kanso have been wrapped in proper WordPress functions, thus they can be translated with any internationalization plugin. In case you are making your website in German only (i.e. no multilingual support is required), I would suggest using the Quick Localization plugin.

Once you install the plugin, you can see that if allows adding sets of fields, where “Old” is the existing string (please note that the strings in WordPress are case-sensitive!), “New” is the new desired string, and “Domain” should say “satori” (without quotations marks) for each new set of fields.

If you are familiar with coding, another (cruder, yet simpler) option would be to just edit the file that generates the strings – it should be located in /wp-content/plugins/contact-form/grunion-contact-form.php). All translatable strings are wrapped in the translation functions “__()” and “_e()” as detailed here.

In case of difficulties with any of the methods do not hesitate to contact me!

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

parklane05
    Participant

awesome.

i chose the second option and looked for __e() strings in the .php file.
    worked fine!

thanks a lot!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.