Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

child theme responsive.css not being returned.

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support child theme responsive.css not being returned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PlaneCreative
    Participant

The changes I made to responsive.css in my child theme were not being returned and instead the parent theme responsive.css was.

My solution was to change line 7 of functions.php in the parent theme directory to use get_stylesheet_directory_uri() instead of get_template_directory_uri().

Is this an appropriate solution? Was there a specific reason get_template_directory_uri() was used?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jose,

that is correct, the responsive.css mostly contains features that allow for the proper functioning of the theme on smaller screens rather than styling, thus it is originally not intended for overrides via child theme; hence the “get_template_directory_uri()” usage. However, if you do want to change it in the child theme, you’ve done the correct thing by changing to “get_template_directory_uri(). Do not forget to include the original file using the @import declaration (see the child’s style.css for an example).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.