Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Caption Font Size too large on 3×2 project box

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Caption Font Size too large on 3×2 project box

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alphavisions

Have purchased the theme, but ran into quite few issues with it. Here is my site: Website
    Question 1: All boxes that are 1x high have a nice sized font. On the 3x boxes, the font increases as does the caption size. How can I fix the font size and the caption overlay size so it’s always the same size?
    Question 2: I tried to upload a new “quote” icon to replace yours, but it will not display mine. It is a .png file with transparent bground.
    Question 3: Anytime I use the “quote” type for a project, the page title displays below the quote. How Do I exclude the page title?
    Question 4: I would like all my social icons to be the same “design”, but because you don’t allow me to upload the icon for the social links you DO provide, I can’t do that. Please add the option so I can upload all my icons. You are missing Instragram for one. I tried many times to make an image 22px, but it never matches your alignment. This is making my social icons look bad.

Otherwise, the theme is pretty good. Large learning curve, but I found your old 2013 pdf and that was helpful. If there is an updated pdf, please let me know where to download it.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

Lynne

Question 3:

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Lynne,

first of all, thank you for using Ikebana!

I will go over the questions below, in the same order:

1). Larger fonts on larger tiles are not a bug, rather an intended feature, just as seen in the theme demo: smaller fonts would look less coherent and make the tiles appear empty. However, in case you need them to have the same font size as the smaller tiles, please insert the following snippet into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel:

.iso-masonry .post-size-large { font-size: 20px !important; line-height: 28px; !important; }

2). The “Blockquote custom image” setting in the Theme Options panel is intended for blockquotes, just like its description suggests – i.e. the native WordPress content element called “blockquote”, which can be inserted into post content using the respective button above the content area while in the editor mode. In case you’d also wish this setting to affect the “quote” format tiles, please download this custom archive I’ve prepared; unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the following directory inside your WP install, using an FTP client or your hosting provider’s file manager: /wp-content/themes/Ikebana/

3). This is intended behaviour, as documented on page 9 of the Theme Manual: the post title in the “quote” format is used for displaying the author of the quote. This behaviour is recommended in the official WordPress.org guide, yet if you want to hide the title, you can either just leave the title blank or insert the following snippet into the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel:

.format-quote .post-quote-author { display: none !important; }

4). Thank you for the suggestion, we’ll add this feature into our development backlog; meanwhile, in case you have five or less social networks to display, you can use the available slots for the custom files to display all of your social icons using your desired designs.

The theme manual, a pdf file titled “Ikebana_Manual”, is included into the master archive downloadable from ThemeForest; the file is being updated regularly – for the latest version, please re-download the theme package from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account.

Should you face other issues or have questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

alphavisions

Thanks Andrii!
    1) I’ve updated my home page…it looks pretty good when the font size and box is the same…it does not get lost. If you agree, maybe that’s an improvement to think about for the future
    2) Re-uploaded my image and tested on a page – it works beautifully. I am a website designer and I guess I think consistency. so if it’s used on a post/page, I would want the same image to apply consistently throughout the site. I see how you think of the portfolio page as different, but I’d consider just adding a checkbox to this theme option allowing the owner to add it to the project boxes as well. Many thanks for the custom code. I love that it works on the project boxes too!
    3) Thanks for explaining this to me – it makes total sense. To be honest, I would have just put the name of the author in italics after the text. By putting the author in the page name, I can’t use italics. But I get the official guide answer. Thanks for the custom code which is an easy fix.
    4) Duh me! I can’t believe I went looking for the manual when it was right there in the download. My bad and thanks for your kind reply. :-)

Best,
    Lynne

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Lynne,

thank you for the suggestions, I’ll add the possibility to customize font size for each individual tile into the dev backlog for the next theme update, it looks like a nice additional source of visual customization for the theme.

Should you have additional questions or face issues with the theme, do not hesitate to contact me.

P.S. thanks for the rating, I really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.