Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Can't get rid of Header

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Can't get rid of Header

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ktgreen245
    Participant

Using Kanso theme. I want to completely eliminate the header – the box at the top – from my website. Just get rid of it entirely.

I cannot figure how to- I have tried custom code that is meant to hide the “main menu” and “header” elements, and I’ve changed the sizes in the style sheet (style.css) to be 1 and/or 0 px for both “bigheader” and “smallheader.” When I delete “div class=”bigheader smallheader” in Google Chrome’s Inspector it solves my problem in the resulting preview…

Out of curiosity I deleted the entire content of the style sheet which also changed nothing… I found another post where support said you could change the size through this sheet, so I am confused. Not familiar with coding for browsers so I’ve just been trying to swing a hammer at this thing to make it go away since it’s a simple problem… Tried deleting the .php for the header entirely which breaks the site and undoes my changes.

I JUST want to kill the header.

Thank you for your time.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by ktgreen245.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hello @ktgreen245, thanks for choosing Kanso! Try adding this custom CSS (e.g. using such plugin) to completely hide the header:

#header, #header-spacer { display: none !important; }

ktgreen245
    Participant

Worked like a charm thank you! This theme is so well supported even after all those years you’re still here looking out for us. Thank you.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear I could help ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.