Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

beginning problems

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support beginning problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    freepam

Hello, I am starting to create my site. I want the first page to be a static page. I’m not sure what is wordpress and what is the theme but I put in a google font and it is not appearing. I can’t find where I put the color of the headers and the body fonts.
    Also there is a big space under the page title where I put my site name – and the beginning of the post.
    I put that the footer background should be white and it’s still black.
    Last thing, I put a background color, light teal and it is not appearing.

It just seems that what I put in the theme options sections is often not happening. So I need to know what I am doing wrong.
    My site is http://pamfreefineart.com/

Thanks, Pam

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Freepam,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will go over your questions in the same order:

1). The Google font did not appear because there were extra spaces after the names in the respective fields in the Theme Options panel (probably an artifact of copy-pasting from another place). I’ve removed the spaces and now the font displays normally.

2). The color of the body text can be set in the “Body text color” field in the “Style: Content” tab of the Theme Options panel.

3). I’ve added an extra CSS rule to your website, now the vertical margin between the site name and the post title is smaller (for non-logged-in users).

4). The footer in WordPress is determined by the widgets which are set up in the “Appearance -> Widgets” admin section; when there is at least one widget set up in the “Footet” widget area on that page, it will automatically create a footer. What you have at the moment is the copyright area, a custom element created within the Ikebana theme; in order to change its background color, please use the “Copyright background color” field on the “Style: Footer” tab of the Theme Options panel.

5). The website background is light-teal at the moment, which corresponds to the color set in the Theme Options panel, so I suppose this one has been solved. If there’s still a problem, please let me know.

Should anything of the above be unclear, or should you have other theme-related questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

P.S. I’ve edited out the login information to your website from your post, otherwise it would stay public and might have compromised your website’s security.

freepam

Thanks a lot, Andrii. I’m making good progress today, no other problems yet ;-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.