Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
satoriKeymasterHey Elliott,
first of all, thank you for the purchase!
The portfolio tag archive page template does not contain a sidebar by default, which means that a back-end switch is not envisaged by the theme (mostly for aesthetic purposes). However, the sidebar can be added to the template by adding one line of code to the “taxonomy-tagportfolio.php” template file: the “get_sidebar()” tag, right before the footer call.
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterSure, just use this:
body #container-mobile-icons { display: none !important; }Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Leslye,
well this is a tough one; I can either tell the images not to stretch in the rectangular boxes on small screens, which will make all images different in width depending on the dimensions of the original files; or I can set the height to automatically be equal to the length at any given screen width, which would in turn lead to quite large item boxes on smartphone-landscape screens. I think the first option is a less clumsy solution; alternatively, you can use the “aside” project format for text-only projects, replacing images with plain text for more flexibility. Please let me know what you think!
Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Bao,
thanks, you’re right, the “on()” method would be a much better solution here.
Regarding the fancybox overlays: for the record the code for the fancybox is contained in the /includes/fancybox/ folder; what needed to be done is to insert the same function that is generated by the fancybox files as a callback for the Isotope’s “appended” method (see last instance of .isotope in the “header-functions.php” file).
Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterI’ve edited lines 272-307 in the “header-functions.php” file (the code between the “” tags). Note that I did it in the parent theme folder, but only because I made the theme from scratch myself – in all other cases it is highly recommended to use child themes ;)
Best,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterYes, as far as I know there is no way to “unattach” the image from a post (you can attach new ones though, via the “Uploaded to” column in the “Media” admin menu). You can try using this third-party plugin for detaching images from posts.
And yes, it would be so much easier to source the images from an inserted gallery, yet during theme development I haven’t found a way to tell the php code to look up the images from an inserted gallery.
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterSure, here you go ;)
Next time tell the developer to only alter the child theme files, this is the recommended way of customizing WordPress themes.
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Chao,
You need to use a “live()” handler for current and attached elements, otherwise online elements initially loaded into the DOM will fire the events such as “hover()”. I’ve modified the code on your website to match the rule.
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Leslye,
I’ve implemented the tiled icon menu and the new content width algorithm for smaller screen on your website; please check it out and let me know if anything is inconvenient.
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio
satoriKeymasterHey Chris,
let me clarify – only the images that are uploaded anew to a particular post are displayed in the gallery? If that is the case, then it’s the intended behaviour – you see, in WordPress only the images that are uploaded to the particular post become its attachments, otherwise (e.g. if you include them via a media gallery query) they do not become associated with the post; not sure why WordPress authors did it like this, yet it places certain limitations as to how I can render e.g. image gallery posts. Since the images for the gallery are sources from attachments (to this particular post), the gallery will only show the images that are being uploaded directly in that post; please note that it is not necessary to even insert them INTO the post – just uploading them in the post and saving changes should be sufficient. You can control which images are attached to which post in the “Media” admin menu.
In case I misunderstood your question, please let me know!
Sincerely,
Andrew / Satori Studio -
AuthorPosts