Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Wordpres 4.0 slider lag

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Wordpres 4.0 slider lag

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SocietyTouhou
    Participant

Hey there Andrew long time no see ;).

Happy to say still using Fuji theme, and still glad I do. I just have a quick question; since upgrading to WordPress 4.0 The slider on the page takes forever to load up, at 1st I thought it was the image size and the amount of slides. Reduced the number of slides to two and image size to about 60kb per image, still the same; so I tried with a random image of 20kb and i still have the same problem. The whole site totally freezes up until the slider loads completely and is causing a bit of a problem.

So I tried using multiple hosts (due tot he fact that the theme and all of my plugins cann on quite a bit of links) and a CDN but to no avail, still having the problem with the slider. Did you perhaps have a similar problem posted by somebody else?

Cheers

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Denis,

my apologies for the delay in my reply!

I’ve tried opening the home page of your website (http://www.touhou.si/) on my machine, and the slider loads in less than a second, displaying no visible lags; I’ve also run a speed test (results), and the load time is pretty fine given the size of the page.

Could you please tell me which browser (and version, in case of IE) you are using to view the website? Also, please let me know if you are using any caching plugins on the website.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

SocietyTouhou
    Participant

Hi,

Kinda forgot to reply here, my bad sorry.

Just wanted to let you know that it has been sorted out or rather I have removed the slider but the problem of lag is still the same so, I guess it’s not the sliders fault. This occurs once a while, boosting some other lower CPU’s to 100% usage (tried it on a couple of old Quad-Cores), so I’m currently looking in to it, still have no clue as to what can be going on :)

Btw may I ask did you ever receive a report about the “customise” page being blank with your theme? At wordpress forums they are telling me it’s the themes fault, but I cannot find a reason as to why. It worked fine till the WP upgrade I guess just noticed since I wanted to remove the top menu, nothing more and since I’m typing here might as well ask, hope you don’t mind.

Keep up the good work,
    Denis

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Denis,

I’ve looked into the Customizer problem and found a compatibility issue in the new versions of WP with a script that generates custom sidebars in the theme; added the necessary fix to your “functions.php” file (the 5 lines at the very bottom), now the Customizer works as intended. My apologies for the bug, and thank you for bringing this up!

Regarding the slider issue: you can try using website speed tests and similar tools to determine which resources are being used during the website load and how often.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

SocietyTouhou
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. BEST SUPPORT EVER. Everytime I see your reply I get a smile when you always fix everything. I must say this theme was probably the best money ever spent online. Thank you for being awesome.

Cheers,
    Denis

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words, Denis!
    Should something else pop up, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.