Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Videos

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    i000yards
    Participant

Hi Andrew!
    I think your tag solution is great thank you!! Now I have exactly those photography categories as tags on the photography page that I wanted, thank you. I have just one question re. the “Graphics” page – I don´t know how to change the tag for “collage” at the bottom because I changed the collage page to the graphics page, so there isn´t a “collage” page to go to anymore.
    I will try out the category listing page and see how that goes.
    Thank you very much!

Agatha

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Agatha,

I am not sure I understood the question, yet if you just need to rename the “Collage” tag at the bottom of the “Graphics” page to something else – please go to “Portfolio -> Tags” and edit the needed one. In case you want to change the URL slug for the page, you can do that under the heading in the page editor mode ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

i000yards
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I am currently getting into a muddle trying to find the “Myths” page – the tweak you did on the photography page, so that only related tags appeared is brilliant and I love it, but somehow the “Myths” photography has disappeared and I dont know how to link it like the others?
    Please advise!
    Thanks,
    Agatha

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Agatha,

I am not sure I understood the goal, but in case you wanted to display the “Myths” tag along with other tags on the “Photography” page – I’ve made it visible again. Let me know if this is what you wanted.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

i000yards
    Participant

Hi Andrew!
    That´t exactly right – thank you! I meant just that – all the portfolios associated with photography now display, it´s perfect.
    I do (of course) have another question. On the “Limited Edition” page, the tags at the bottom of the page are not clickable/ they don´t seem to work. Do you know what to do about this?

Have a great day! :)
    Agatha

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Agatha,

since we’ve made quite some changes to the way the portfolio system works, the desired effect is only possible with the 1-column portfolio page template – I’ve changed the template for the “Limited Edition” page in the “Page Attributes” box (page editor mode) to that one and now the tags do work. If, however, you want them to be identical to the “Photography” page, let me know!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

i000yards
    Participant

Dear Andrew,

I have another question re. the tags displayed on the photography page. If you click on “photography” , you still see “Film” and “Coming Soon…” as one of the categories, even though they dont have anything to do with photography. Is there a way to remove these tags from this page?
    Also, on the same page “photography” appears as a tag on its own page – which is confusing. I cannot work out how to get rid of this?
    And the “Carnivalesque” section has disappeared from photography after I renamed it. Do you know why this happens?

Something problematic has occurred with Myths –
    1.) if I click on an image in Myths to display it, and then click “Next” i am sent to what seems to be a random page, rather than the next image in the series list. For example, if I click on “Photography” and then go to “Myths” and then I click on the first name on the list “Persephone”, then Persephone appears, but if I click “Next” next to the image, I am sent to a project archive (?).
    If instead of “Next” i click “Previous” next to Persephone´s image, then I am sent to another project archive.
    Is there a way to rectify this so it works just like the other categories – which work really well ..
    2.) When I click on “Myths” the picture of Persephone comes up – even though I haven´t selected Persephone.

I wanted to know if I can use arrows instead of “PreviousNext” – because if i look at the site on a smaller screen, such as an ipad – the “PreviousNext” are so close together it´s difficult to navigate and I am a bit worried about this.

Is it possible to remove the tags at the bottom of the “Limited Edition” page?

My last observation – when you click on “clients” – the list of clients does not appear. Instead, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “clients” again. Is there a way to just keep this exactly the same principal as the other categories?
    What do you think?

Thank you!

Agatha

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Agatha,

Let me answer your questions one by one:

1). The extra tags (e.g. “Film”) are displayed on the “Photography” page because this is how the portfolio works :) The multiple adjustments and tweaks we’ve done earlier have changed the way it looks, so since the theme’s mechanics did not envisage any of this, any new portfolio tag will need to be treated “by hand” because of this now. I’ve adjusted the code so that the first two tags are also not displayed on the page now.

2). The “Photography” tag was displayed for the same reason as above, I’ve adjusted the code to hide it.

3). The “Carnivalesque” tag disappeared because after renaming it switched its position in the order of filter tags, which led to the code I inserted earlier to hide it as well. I’ve made adjustments to make it visible again.

4). The “previous” link on the “Persephone” page lead to another portfolio item, the one that was created just before the “Persephone”, since this is the first item of the “Myths” tag, it gives another item from another tag there. In this sense it is functioning as intended by WordPress. The “next” link seems to be giving a correct reference, thus I’ve removed the “previous” link from the “Persephone” page to avoid confusing the visitor.

5). When I click on the “Myths” tag in the “Photography” section no image is displayed. I suppose this is what you need?

6). I’ve replaced the “previous” and “next” navigation with arrows.

7). The tags on the “Limited Edition” page were displayed because the page template was “Portfolio”, which always displays tags. I’ve changed it to “Full-width” (the “Page Attributes” box in the page editor mode) and the tags are gone ;)

8). Since you do not need filters on the “Clients” page, I would recommend using a simple page template instead of Portfolio template you are currently using. Simply make the items of your client list into links to relevant portfolio items, as I did with the first one to provide an example (“Wien Tourismus”).

Please let me know if I misunderstood something!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

i000yards
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply.
    1.) OK, I understand, thanks for explaining.

Re. Myths – I still don´t understand. All the other categories in Photography work fine,when you click through “next” or “previous” – they all display the next or previous picture in that series..Is there a way to get Myths to work the same way as Carnivalesque/ Night Zoo and Supers? SHould I delete it and reload all the pictures? Would that help or make a difference?

5.) Yes, it´s correct now – when you click on Myths, just the list is displayed, that´s right.
    6.) The arrows are great, thank you! Is there a way to make them bigger?
    7.) Thank you, it´s much better!
    8.) That is a much better idea, I shall try to follow the directions.

Thank you
    Agatha

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Agatha,

– I’ve made the arrows larger.
    – Could you please clarify the issue with the “Myths” tag? I am not sure I understood where the problem is.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.