Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

unable to upload origami .zip file

New Front EN Support Forums Origami Theme Support unable to upload origami .zip file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hrimati
    Participant

I just purchased Origami and I have tried numerous times to upload the .zip file to my wordpress site. Each time, it times out and fails to upload the file.
    What am I doing wrong?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Hrimati,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

This has not been reported earlier, but some servers may have restrictions on file upload sizes, which is why I’d always recommend installing the theme by uploading the unzipped folder via ftp using e.g. FileZilla or any other ftp client. You can find more information on this process on page 1 of the Theme Manual. Please let me know if this method works for you!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    After I wrote to you I realized that I should try unpacking the .zip and uploading it through my ftp (Cyberduck). That worked great–after an initial scare where it told me it would take about 55 hours to upload :-P…It actually took about 1.5 hours.

And now one more question, and sorry if it’s a silly one: where do I find the Theme Manual? I have looked here on the site and on my themeforest account…

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Hrimati,

the archive you download from ThemeForest (“Origami_WP_Theme_Package.zip”) contains a single folder called “Origami_WP_Theme_Package”. Inside, there are several files and folders, including the “Origami_Manual.pdf” file, which is what you’re after ;)

Best,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

OK,
    I’m probably still doing something wrong, but I have done a search both on my Mac as a whole and on the expanded Origami folder and it’s not turning up a manual.
    I can’t even find a folder called “Origami_WP_Theme_Package”…
    Sorry to make you chase this with me, I’m sure you have tons of threads you have to respond to.

Susan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Susan,

it is possible that there was an interference with your download from ThemeForest. Please try downloading the theme once more in your ThemeForest account’s “Downloads” tab. I’ve double-checked right now and it does contain the manual :)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Hi again, Andrew…
    Sorry to be a pest, but what I downloaded was titled: 3023281_origami_minimal_responsive_wordpress_theme.zip and there is definitely not a folder called Origami_WP_Theme_Package in it. I have downloaded it twice more to make sure it was downloading completely…
    Is there some way you could just email me the manual?

Thanks,
    Susan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Susan,

I’ve sent you an email to the inbox you’ve indicated when registering on this forum ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.