Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Sticky posts on portfolio category pages

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Sticky posts on portfolio category pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jdudeo
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I noticed that the new update includes a box containing the name of a tag when you click into it from a page other than the portfolio home page, but I’ve noticed that sticky posts appear before this tag, as can be seen on my site below. Can I request this be fixed for the new update?

http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/tag-portfolio/all/

I’ve also noticed the page sort of jumping around a bit when browsing i.e. when a portfolio item is clicked, the whole page including the upper main menu appears lower and to the left of where it was on the home page

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Gabriel,

– Regarding the order of items on portfolio tag archive pages: please note that it is not a bug but rather an intended behaviour – sticky posts appear before everything else, as envisaged by the WordPress guidelines; however, if you wish the tag information boxes to appear first, here is a custom file for you: please download it, unzip the archive and upload the contained file into your theme folder.

– Concerning the second question: does the page including the header appear displaced permanently or only during the loading time? If the latter, then it is not a bug – the margins of pages in Ikebana are set by using jQuery to ensure that they are always in agreement with the width of the content; jQuery can only start calculating the margins when all HTML elements are loaded, which may lead to such behaviour.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

jdudeo
    Participant

Thanks for the file, works perfectly.

As for the header, yes it’s still displaced after it loads, if you click on the blog section of my site the whole page is offset differently.

Also another thing I noticed is that the bottom of the background image is cut off, I understand that this has to be done so the image fits on the screen properly but is there a way to get it to maybe cut off both the bottom and the top equally? or maybe just the top?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Gabriel,

the blog page of your website looks like this in my Chrome browser – and it seems to be displaying all elements as intended. If this is not the case on your machine, please send me a screenshot or tell me which browser (and its version) you are using. Thanks!

Regarding the background image cropping – the current mechanism is the most efficient known rule, based on the CSS “background-size: cover” declaration. Since there are so many different possible screen sizes, any non-automated rules work less efficiently, according to experience; moreover, the background image will be cropped differently on various screen dimensions, i.e. the way it looks on your machine is not necessarily the way it will look for other users. You could try cropping the bottom half of the image before uploading it as a background image as well.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

jdudeo
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

here are a couple screenshots showing how they display for me in firefox:
    http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/uploads/site.jpg
    http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/uploads/blog.jpg

after installing chrome and trying that, I found that while not offset vertically the portfolio page and blog page are offset differently horizontally:
    http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/uploads/chromeblog.jpg
    http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/uploads/chromesite.jpg

If the background image thing is difficult I can live with the current system, I just thought that instead of aligning the top of the image with the top of the window and cropping off the bottom, it could align the bottom of the image with the bottom of the window and crop off the top, it didn’t seem to me like something that couldn’t be automated but I’m not experienced in this area.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Gabriel,

I’ve found and eliminated the cause of the different positioning of the header in Firefox: please download this archive, unzip it, and upload into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/).

Regarding the background image – the current positioning is fully automated according to the CSS guidelines; the specificity of the “cover” background-size rule is that is aligns the top and left of the image with the element (in this case, the page); there are unfortunately no automatic CSS rules to tell the background image to align to the bottom corner and still fit the screen.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.