Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

slider in portfolios

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support slider in portfolios

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davshirley
    Participant

I’m wanting to insert a different layered slider in one of the squares that appear on the home page (like you have your demo set up) but it appears that shortcodes are not being processed on those pages. Am I missing something or what do I need to modify to make shortcodes be processed in the text that appear in those squares.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Davshirley,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

If I understood you correctly, you would like to create a portfolio item with an image slider, like the one with the wires in the theme demo. If that is the case, please follow these steps:

1). Ikebana uses the WordPress’ native post formats to display galleries. Therefore, you’ll need to declare the project under consideration as a “gallery” format in the “Formats” box on the right hand side of the editor screen. (You can read more about the formats in Ikebana on pages 8 and 9 of the theme manual).

2). The gallery sources images from the ones attached to the particular project, which is why we’ll need to upload one or more images using the “Add Media” button just below the project title field. When the images are uploaded, there’s no need to insert them into the project content – they’re already attached to this project and will appear in the gallery slider, thus you can simply close the pop-up window after the uploads finish.

3). Publish the project using the blue “Publish” button on the right of the project editor screen, and return to the portfolio. Your project should display an image slider inside the box. Should you have additional questions or problems along the way, do not hesitate to ask!

In case I misunderstood you, please re-state your question :)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

davshirley
    Participant

Yes I am trying to get a slider working but not the built in slider. I need to animate layers in the slider in a way that certain plugins do but the built in stuff does not. I would easily be able to use the plugin in question EXCEPT shortcodes do not get processed in the text of a portfolio item. Have a look at the upper right hand box on Powdental.com. You will see the text appear and indeed shortcodes SEEM like they might be recognized but something is obliterating them and I’m not sure what. If you click on that box you can see the slider that I am creating as well as a test short code that I have also placed there. What is stopping those shortcodes from being displayed on Powdental.com?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Davshirley,

now I understand the issue, sorry for misinterpreting your first message :)

After some troubleshooting this is what the situation looks like to me: the slider does appear on the front page (see screenshot), yet when one clicks on any other page (e.g. “Contact” and then clicks “Home” to return to the portfolio, the slider is not rendered. If, however, we refresh the page, the slider is again displayed normally. This pretty much looks like (in fact, I am 90% sure that it is) a Javascript issue here, either in the theme or in the slider, or between the two of them, and I need access to the back-end in order to find the cause and fix it. Please provide your WordPress login and password by sending them to support@satoristudio.net, and I will look deeper into the problem.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.