Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Slidecaption

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yummyrenato
    Participant

Hey there:
    My website is http://www.teatrocultura.cl and i can’t add or i don’t know where adding a slide caption to my background images.
    thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Renato,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

In case you are using images uploaded to the WordPress media gallery, the captions are taken from the “Caption” field of the images; if, however, you are using images uploaded manually via ftp into a certain folder, captions are extracted from the IPTC caption field of each image (in some cases called “Description” as well) – e.g. in Adobe Fireworks you can input this field in the “File -> File Info” menu, “IPTC” tab.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

yummyrenato
    Participant

i can’t make it work, please help!

yummyrenato
    Participant

i’ve done everything you say and can’t make it work, i upload the images through ftp, and i have edited the file info in fireworks, and can’t still make it work

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Renato,

please excuse me for a misguiding tip – I’ve checked once more and it seems that the new versions of Fireworks are using XMP metadata and not IPTC; in order to add IPTC metadata, you can use either Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom or a free specialized piece of software called PhotoME (just tried it myself, works perfectly to display the captions; please follow the instructions on the website to add meta to an image).

Alternatively, you can use the “WP Media Gallery” as the source of slides (choose the “WP Media Gallery” tab from the “Background Slider/ Image Source of Images” box while in the page editor mode). In this case the captions will be sources from the image captions or, if they are empty, from image titles.

Please let me know if this was helpful for you!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

yummyrenato
    Participant

Finally worked with PhotoME, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.